[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

i dont think this Update will be removed because this Update got added so Roblox can’t be Suied in the future.

2 Likes

Uploading 10 sounds a month without being able to upload more? Nope. I would not complain if you could pay with fee, but this is in another level.

2 Likes

The new metaverse is so cool! am i right guys

2 Likes

The title says it all, “Action Needed”.

3 Likes

this is like when one student gets in trouble and the teacher doesn’t know who it was
so instead of increasing measures to prevent that from happening
they just straight up punish the entire class

6 Likes

You cannot blame someone who is, knowing roblox’s primary demographic, probably a child for not being completely aware of how copyright laws work.

2 Likes

“Metaverse” was always just corporate buzzword-talk for a version of vrchat they completely control

5 Likes

I don’t understand why people want to be able to post 2000 audios, Like 100 is already more than enough.

It was kinda hastily done in my opinion.

Nope. I’ve cashed out using DevEx and I can only upload 10 audio files per 30 days.

It already had a lawsuit for something like $200 million back in mid 2021 so… Yeah. This is basically a badly executed aftermath of that.

3 Likes
APM:Sue(Roblox)

APM:Ruin(Roblox)
11 Likes

Not only is that absolutely ridiculous, but the lack of transparency and a lack of a clear plan for the developers.

“while other solutions are being looked into.”

Seems like this hasn’t been planned entirely through?

4 Likes

Well I’m not sure how he bought apm music at all then.

2 Likes

Is it possible to at the very least, temporarily increase this audio limit until the 22nd? It’s not fair for some developers to only be allowed to carry over 10 or 100 of their game audios over 6 seconds. Some games are comprised of dozens or even hundreds of sounds, most of which if they’re over six seconds, don’t belong to them directly because of the high fees implemented beforehand. It’s not looking like this immense backlash will delay this change, but we would all appreciate some sort of leeway here.

3 Likes

I sense that this post here will slowly go from being angry at Roblox to being angry at APM.

3 Likes

Roblox, man. You just made my entire day 10% better. I love this update. Also ya’ll better stop arguing over small things. Someone said 10 audios a month is bad but come on. It’s free, you don’t want bots or under 13 year olds to spam or post random dumb things, people who are over 13 aka are ID verified can post 100 audio files a month. It is a good feature. Once again thank you. :happy4: (see that i used the happy4 emoji. the happiest one there is!)

Also what is with APM music? I do not understand someone pls explain…

1 Like

You will all need this lol.

4 Likes

When has roblox ever really planned out their updates? Wondering when the day comes developers realize roblox doesn’t truly care about developers and powering imagination.

I suspect it has to do with account age and moderation enforcements. Meaning that if the account is older and moderation barely ever touched you you might be able to upload more.

At least that is what I have been gathering from looking at join dates from users who talk about theirs.

1 Like