"ActivateCameraController did not select a module" warning in "CameraModule.lua"

This is still an issue if you do so within ReplicatedFirst (on startup).

Alright. When there is any sort of update for this bug i will pass that info on.

9 Likes

Another thing I’ve notice is that when the warning happens, alot of skinned meshes stop rendering all of a sudden.

2 Likes

Has there been any update on this? I’ve started getting this error as well, it happens when the camera is set to scriptable on join for me.
EDIT: If anyone is having the same issue as me, you can do this in the meantime until this bug is resolved:

local RunService = game:GetService("RunService")
	if camera.CameraSubject == nil then
		repeat RunService.RenderStepped:Wait() until camera.CameraSubject ~= nil
	end
	camera.CameraType = Enum.CameraType.Scriptable
14 Likes

I am pretty sure it is normal, It’s been happening for a while, usually just happens if you change the camera type before this even runs I believe. As shown in the camera creator in the roblox script, it just shows that since you set it to scriptable. On scriptable it would not have these types and therefore it should be printing that it did not select a module.

i get this warning upon joining whenever i turn off Players.CharacterAutoLoads. :confused:

Would be nice if Roblox staff has an update for this

Has it happened yet? If so I am still getting the bug.

1 Like

I can confirm that I am still experiencing this bug under the same conditions as well. It’s becoming irritating to work around.

3 Likes

It’s been 5 months and it’s still a problem.

3 Likes

I have the exact same problem when I set the cameratype to scriptable.

My script:

local camera = workspace.CurrentCamera

camera:GetPropertyChangedSignal("CameraType"):Connect(function()
end)
1 Like

This is happening for me too, when I test the camera out on Studio, it works like a gem but when I actually play in game, it does not work.

Your solution worked for me, thanks!

Alright this is pretty good work around can’t believe I did not think of it.
Thank you!

1 Like

I have been getting this error when using a custom camera as well.

Same for me. Out of nowhere these spam error messages keep popping up and lagging my whole entire game. I think what I should do is Do a Disabled = true or Destroy() script for this.

1 Like

@iamtryingtofindname @Aeventy Unless your camera script is in ReplicatedFirst, these are pointless suggestions. game:IsLoaded() is true when your localscripts outside of ReplicatedFirst run. Read the devhub article on this.

Also @iamtryingtofindname your solution is similarly bad to wait(), you are still yielding once on Heartbeat for no apparent reason. There should be no reason to yield there.

PS: this doesn’t seem related to the bug report at all, let’s stay on topic please and not derail the thread further.

1 Like

What I did was set the camera to scriptable and then to custom. Weirdly it does nothing else but stop the output spam. I can share the code later today.

1 Like

The error seemed to appear for me if I tried to set the CameraType to scriptable before the CameraSubject was chosen.

The following code got rid of the error for me:

local RunService = game:GetService("RunService")
if camera.CameraSubject == nil then
    repeat RunService.RenderStepped:Wait() until camera.CameraSubject ~= nil
end
4 Likes

Try adding a wait() before switching the camera type
for example
wait()
workspace.CurrentCamera.CameraType = Enum.CameraType.Scriptable

Annoying error still happens, I use it to show the lobby to the players at my start screen. But for some reason its purely random. Also tried yielding to heartbeat to no avail

1 Like