Add a translate buttons

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to know what someone means in english or a specific language

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum because that way i can know the translation without the use of 3rd party translators such as Google Translate

4 Likes

I invite you to explore: Google Translate - Chrome Web Store

This is very superfluous here. We don’t really need dedicated buttons when you can have an extension that works on every website.

2 Likes

They did there is a translator portal. I translate for all sorts of games. Using the translator portal Roblox studios picks up what their website language is and automatically translates as long as you have the translations

1 Like

Google translate isn’t the best though.

1 Like

It works fairly well. You still end up getting your point across. It doesn’t matter if it’s different, just if it still has the same meaning.

@VSCPlays

This isn’t needed:

1 Like

yes I agree with you, the button is definitely needed

Neither will be whatever solution Roblox implements. Google has invested over two decades into google translate and it’s probably the best you can get with the throughput this forum would need. Roblox has no stake in translation technology. Not sure what you’re expecting.

1 Like

It’s not, as @PeZsmistic said, a button achieving the same task is not needed for discourse when there is an extension that will translate every single web page.

1 Like

why you want us to use a third party extension for translation?

Roblox is not a translation company.

1 Like

It seems I’ve answered this question already.

1 Like

then what is this dropdown?

That’s for the Roblox website and in-game. Roblox is not affiliated with Discourse to my knowledge.

2 Likes

that extension is more useless, all it did is shows this

the google translate button redirects you to translate.google.com

and it have a old and useless UI

Try using the button up here with text highlighted on the page.
It can also show a popover on highlighted text next to the text, but the forum seems to break this feature due to the quote popup.

uhh there are people who use firefox, microsoft edge, or even opera gx,

also, this is time consuming, let’s go get roblox to address it so we can save time

Roblox addressing this will not save anyone time. This is superfluous given there’s an extension for every browser. It’s not valuable for Roblox to invest engineering hours into this, which would detract from other more important things.

1 Like

then what about brave, the one which got advertised in 2021 (it’s now 2023)

Literally built in, but google translate extensions are also available. You should try googling things yourself.

Also worth mentioning, you can right click in chrome and just translate the whole page. I’m sure many browsers have this feature by now also.

1 Like

Brave is literally built on Chromium. Please do some research before making topics like these that do not contribute to the forum.

2 Likes