Add an article that links/incorporates (part of) the GameAnalytics SDK documentation

The Developer Hub currently only has an article for using Google Analytics. It would be convenient if the hub also had an article about GameAnalytics with the official SDK linked on it, if anything just to point out its existence, but also because it is just as easy to use as Google Analytics and is now properly supported to work in conjunction with Roblox games.

The link to the Roblox SDK + documentation is:
https://gameanalytics.com/docs/item/roblox-sdk

Note: The article should also explain in full detail how the GPDR regulations are to be kept while using GameAnalytics in Roblox games. (This should also be explained in the existing Google Analytics article)

7 Likes

If I added a TextLabel in the loading screen of my game that said “By playing this game, you agree that we can use all information you provide us”, would that be complying with GPDR?

1 Like

I don’t know for sure unfortunately, that’s why I would like to see documentation on it (like a few examples of things you have to / don’t have to ask consent for, and how you should ask for consent).

2 Likes

I agree, it sounds like a good article to bring to the developer hub. My only concern is that the Google Analytics library wasn’t made by Google (and therefore isn’t documented by Google) so that is why we have an article for it. Contrarily, GameAnalytics authored/published their own library, and therefore document it.

We tend to not document libraries that weren’t made by Roblox on the developer hub, but I’ll bring it up later today in a meeting. My gut says it won’t be necessary, considering GameAnalytics’ Roblox SDK already has decent documentation that you’ve linked to. Seriously, that page is already so good; there would be little point in spending time on bringing it over.

Thanks for the suggestion, though! I’ll update this thread if anything changes.

Edit: Brought this up with the team internally. Nothing to say on this just yet!

2 Likes