Add GroupService:PromptGroup(group_id)

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to utilize groups within games as a social feature. The player is forced to go to the website, find the group, and then finally they can join the group. This is a very lengthy process for something so simple.

As a result, I and possibly other developers are forced to use alternatives to groups. This usually ends up being some sort of very limited group creation in-game and ends up being very inferior to Roblox groups.

One example I could think of are player-made clans. If a player wanted to join a player-made clan, they would have to go through another group’s affiliates just so they can find the group.

I suggest Roblox adds a method that allows developers to prompt the user to join a specific group. This way, the user doesn’t have to jump around hoops simply to join a group.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, using groups as a social feature in games would be much more suitable. Roblox groups have many great features but integrating groups into games just prove to be awkward.

7 Likes

There is already a feature request about this.

Please avoid duplicates, and avoid titling your post as an API suggestion over describing the problem that you need solved (see above for a better example of how to title the request)

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ability to prompt in-game user to join group

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.