Add more specific permissions to team create

I’ve seen it happen again and again, a rogue developer decides to leak an entire game due to some internal issue within the development team. The worst thing? You typically can’t do much about it.

Most people on Roblox are underaged and frankly, broke. Nothing legal can be done. Contacting Roblox is also unlikely to do anything, especially if game is leaked on another site. In other words, if a game is leaked, it’s wraps, done. You lost, you can’t do anything about it.

I suggest that more permissions are added to studio. Things like limiting script access exclusively to scripters, limiting only specific directories to certain people, limiting only the creation of animations to animators, etc. There is no need to supply a builder with script access.

And while yes, trust is important in development teams, giving EVERYTHING is too much. If Roblox is able to address this issue, I’m sure many developers (such as myself) would be open to having bigger teams and there’ll overall be less paranoia around a rogue developer. Currently, a lot of developers have to rely on friends or friends of friends for their development teams which is unfortunate, there are a lot of great developers out there.

11 Likes