Add Player Accessories to a Dummy

So I’ve been trying to add the player’s accessories (face and skin tone, no packages) to a dummy for a system I’m making. The problem is it needs to be local, and the method I was using before ApplyDescription isn’t. It also loaded things I didn’t want such as anything besides head & face accessories (such as hats, hair, and other head things). It also loads the scaling of the avatar which I again don’t want. So I’m basically at a loss for what to use.

1 Like

Without the code i can’t provide enough support

Well, the code I have so far is just the code needed to use Apply Description, which I don’t belive I can use but here it is anyways:

local char = script.Parent
game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)

local desc = game.Players:GetHumanoidDescriptionFromUserId(player.UserId)
	char.Humanoid:ApplyDescription(desc)

end)
1 Like

Instead, you could filter everything manually, such as BodyColors, Accessories(you can check what type of weld/attachment it has), etc and clone it to the dummy

True, but that would still keep the issue of the scaling.

The script technically works, just not in the way I need it to. Basically I want only head accessories to be equipped to the player and I want the scaling to remain default. This also needs to be local, that way the other players cannot see it, instead they see theirs.

There’s a humanoid property called AutomaticScaling which can be enabled/disabled

I suppose that would work. Do you have any idea how to do the filtering system?

you can use:

for i,v in pairs(Character:GetChildren()) do
    if not v:IsA("Accessory") then
        local a = v:Clone()
        a.Parent = Dummy
    end
end 

or something like that

I suppose, but would this keep it local? Because the problem I had before is other players could see each other’s accessories, and I want them to just see their own avatars.

if you want things locally you can do that on a local script or instead of having a dummy, you can attach it to the camera. Yes, it will be local if you make it in a LocalScript

But it needs to be on the dummy, the dummy is basically meant to look like a clone of the player, just without some of the accessories.

i meant, putting the dummy inside the player’s camera like a 3d gui or something but thats just a suggestion (i dont really know how it works in detail, not my speciality)