Add text filter to devforum

Greetings,
After hours of thinking i’m finally writing this suggestion.

Suggestion: Maybe having a swear filter in filter since profanity is not allowed in the forum, maybe a swear filter is peoples attempt to swear in the forum, the swear word will replace with the [Content blocked] or a hastag (tags#)

I think this can be good for the forum feature.

Thanks.

Sincerly,
Pagbilaowins_YT

1 Like

Use the flag feature for inappropriate language and aggressive swearing. Users do not use this language often enough to warrant imposing a restrictive filter, and those that do are often quickly and more effectively dealt with by DET. Please do not create feature requests without being motivated by a real problem.

18 Likes

It is a 13+ community, no filters needed.

1 Like

The devforum community is usually mature enough to keep swearing to an absolute minimum. On top of the fact it’s 13+ (in other words, PG13) which means the occasional swear won’t hurt anyone.

It’s not not allowed to swear, but swearing too much is against the rules (or at least reportable/flaggable)

1 Like

No, just no. Remember how horrible the in-game filter is. Implementing any kind of an automatic filter into this forum will result in a disaster.

5 Likes

You can flag.

Also I don’t talk like in the game

#### #####

It is. It’s not allowed on ROBLOX but it’s allowed on the devforum. Mild swears are allowed.
At least in the private categories.
There was a topic a month or two ago about this-their replies sum it up much better than I can.
No need for 1 or 2 members per 1000 to cause inconvenience for that 998

There are barely any private categories left, so just avoid swearing at all.

1 Like

For some reason I have a tendency to mention outdated categories :P

1 Like

Free to get this:

1 Like