Add the ability to create custom templates for use in Roblox Studio

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to create custom templates for use in Roblox Studio.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because developers could create testing places without having to copy over every single thing, and instead, you just have to close out the current place and click the template and you already have it ready to go.

For example, if I wanted to make a testing place for my game, I currently have to copy over every single script, object, etc. to another Roblox Studio instance, then put them in their respective spots, then I can use it.

With custom templates, all I have to do is open another Roblox Studio instance or close out the current place, and click a button, and it’s ready to be published. Doesn’t that sound easier? I would love to just be able to click 1 button and I’m ready to code a new update instead of copying everything over, putting everything in its spot, then I’m ready to code a new update.

I got this idea because I saw an option in the “New” section of Studio “Owner”. Please consider this update as it would help out developers like me who are tired of copying everything over to a new place just to make a place where they can test out a new feature.

Thanks,
p0s_0.

37 Likes