Add TopBar buttons

1. What is the issue? I don’t understand how do I add stuff on the top bar like a invite button and a support button.

2. I have been looking around the Devforum and YouTube and found no awnseres/help.

If anyone have a script that work for it please send it.

You can’t do that, BUT you can set the topbar’s Transparency to 1 and then add some GUIs.

I will send a example of what I mean.

1 Like

Here is what I mean, I want like those bar things. (The 2 people icon makes a invite people GUI that ROBLOX made)

The Topbar is a CoreGui and they basically render on top of all of other guis, so you’d have to recreate the Topbar, using SetTopbarTransparency of PlayerGui to make the Topbar invisible, then you’d make a new Topbar with frames. From there, you can add on buttons to your topbar

4 Likes

Is anyone maybe willing to make one for me? I would appreciate it much.

This isn’t a place to ask for code or anything, you can just make a ScreenGui and imagelabels, ScreenGui must be with IgnoreGuiInset set to true, remember, do NOT ask for stuff here…

2 Likes

You can position GUIs above what you can see in studio, until you press play.
Here’s kind of what you do to achieve that:
Position your Frame to something around this
This makes it look like this
But since the topbar is there you could just recreate it with what @Raretendoblox mentioned

Basically, roblox is going to update the topbar.

According to an roblox staff, the :SetTopBarTransparency(), will be deprecated, so i think you should do something else.

You can set the TopbarTransparency to 1 (for now, the above update removes the background) and either, one, apply your own background back, or two, don’t apply a background. This allows you to display custom buttons. Next, you can use UserInputService.InputBegan/Changed/End to detect clicks, mouse movement (hovering), and click releases (Note: Do not use gameprocessed for this as it will be true). Finally, you can check if the mouse position is within the bounds of the button, and if it is, it can be considered clicked.

3 Likes

Please do not use this category to ask for scripts to be made for you.