Advertisements or Sponsorships?

Hey Developers!

It’s been a while since I’ve launched a game and I am wondering if the Community could help me out. :3

QUESTIONS:

1: What’s a good “ad to sponsorship” ratio? For instance: 5000 in Advertisements and 2500 in sponsorships?

2: Are sponsorships or advertisements more effective in getting people to play a game?

3: With a 200,000 budget, how much should I be spending every-day?

4: Do you PERSONALLY have more success spending more money on sponsorships or advertisements?

Looking forward to hearing from others

4 Likes
  1. For any smaller amounts, it doesn’t matter. If one does better than the other, just use the robux on the more effective promotion.
  2. The majority of people here would say sponsorships. The argument is that people clicking on sponsors were already on the game page and looking for games, whereas people from ads were not looking for games. This question is very, very common (consider using the search bar next time before posting a question). However, the answers tend to be split. Some people find they do better with sponsors. Some people find they do better with ads. You won’t know which camp you’re in unless you do testing with small amounts of robux (200 to 600).
  3. Don’t know
  4. Ads
2 Likes

Best way to make your game famous is having youtubers uploading gameplays of your game.
Ads are very usefull too, but they have to contain prices/codes to be clicked (must people just click for rewards)

And how would you let youtubers play it?

2 Likes

Hey @GeneralSanger ! :wave:

In my opinion Adverts are way better than Sponsors.

Sometimes Sponsors don’t work.

Make sure to TEST your Adverts. If you spend 20,000 robux expecting 5%+, that may not happen. Sometimes you need to start low and test amounts, like for example test 200, if that doesn’t get a lot of CTR go higher to like 500. then you can continue going up.

CTR is basically a measure of how good your ad is. No one clicks on an ugly ad. It doesn’t matter how many people see your ad if no one clicks on it. A CTR of less than 1% is bad. Most of my ads average between 2-3%. Any ad that has a CTR of higher than 5% is awesome. Remember though, even if your ad has a CTR of 10%, it won’t matter if you’re advertising a place that no one wants to visit or clothing that no one wants to buy. So quality counts everywhere. :love_you_gesture:

Even if you are a brilliant artist and can make great ads, you can make your ads even better with performance testing.

Performance testing means running experiments to figure out which of your ads is the best.

So please don’t just spend 20,000+ on advertising. You might get HIGH CTR or very low. then oof… waste of money. so test stuff.

If this helped please click that solution button so people know you don’t need help anymore.

Hope you have a great day bye! - ccletus :+1:

2 Likes