Advice for Class Fighter UI

I’ve been the UI Designer for a class fighter game called Strikeout for a while, and while I’ve been working for an extremely talented team that’s been helping me work on the game for a while, I’ve yet to receive advice from any other UI designers. Do you guys have any advice for my work on Strikeout?

3 Likes

Your UI is really good, I especially like how they are all custom images too, like the “Rhythm Stars” one.

Good job man

1 Like

Remove the reflected black gradients @ the top edge of the buttons. It will make the buttons look more pronounced and cleaner.

Looks great otherwise :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For your first screenshot (main menu):

• I would personally change the paintbrush for the Customize menu. It looks too much like an exclamation point and I only noticed the paintbrush “tail” with a close look.
  • I’m assuming the clipboard in the bottom right of the first screenshot is a placeholder asset.
  • Hard agree on BuildIntoGames’ suggestion to remove the black gradient reflections. Just go for more of an inset look with a darker tone of cyan.

For your second/third screenshots:

• I personally prefer the second screenshot’s layout, as it’s unobtrusive: No effects on the bottom bar make it cleaner, and one row for the headcount on top takes up less room and is cleaner.
    However there is one thing about the third screenshot I like, and that’s the pop-out effect. That would be useful for indicating an active ability, or one that just recharged and should call attention to itself. Just centralize it to one button rather than the entire command tray.
1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions! I will keep this in mind as I continue to work on Strikeout’s UI

Thank you!