Allow installing/creating custom themes

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to properly enjoy the Forum Interface. It would be better if the DevForum would have an option to install/create themes just like its source, Discourse.
Reference Image:

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would be way more better for me (and probably everyone else) to properly enjoy the interface.

7 Likes

If you read the thread you got these images from, you can see that this is a feature of the admin panel for Discourse forums. This is not a user-facing feature. Forum admins have to add themes that users can select from.

If you want another theme, you will have to suggest it, or else you will need custom CSS; you will have to use a browser extension and write or find a custom stylesheet yourself.

It seems silly for Discourse to offer a custom CSS input when there are multiple themes available upon which your custom CSS will probably break, and while there are browser extensions that do this already.

2 Likes

It would be better in my opinion for users to select fresh styled themes, and even they can create some themselves, for better comfort. I saw that this feature on Discourse is AdminOnly, but atleast something.

1 Like

To add on to what PeZ is saying, if you do want users to be able to install custom themes across the board, you’d have to go request this to the meta forum. However, as someone who knows the ins and outs of Discourse, this might create issues with the forums. CSS would be your best option or install Stylish (for Chrome and FireFox, do it at your own risk - some components might be incompatible)