Allow Users to Log In/Sign up Using Other Applications (Google, Twitter, Instagram, and Microsoft)

Hi thereand happy New Year to all of you! :fireworks:

As a Roblox user, every time I need to log in (that is, I already created an account and I’m just logging back in), I need to enter my credentials. This can be quite annoying especially if I have a long username or email, not to mention, a lengthy and complicated password.

Take a look at what the log-in screen looks like currently:
RobloxLogin
Right now, we only have the option to log in with our Facebook accounts (if we even have one).

I request that there should be a way to log in with our Google, Twitter, Instagram, and Microsoft accounts. If we have the Facebook option, then it just seems logical to also have Google, Twitter, Instagram, and Microsoft. I mean, it would be a lot easier to click one button and get logged in than having to type out our information.

Also, there are millions of users on these platforms and thousands of new users on Roblox have accounts there, so it only makes sense to satisfy the majority.

Today, a lot of websites allow users to log in/sign up using at least three other platforms. The most common is Google, but I’ve seen plenty of other sites that also accept Twitter, Instagram, and Microsoft.

Likewise, this feature should also be implemented onto the sign-up page (which is where new users create their accounts for the first time):

There isn’t any other way to sign up currently (using other applications), not even Facebook. Therefore, five options should be added here: Facebook, Google, Twitter, Instagram, and Microsoft.

Also, I see an added benefit to this: new users cannot lie about their ages by putting in the wrong birthday (this is because the birthday information would be transferred from their accounts from the other applications assuming that it’s correct there). Most of their needed information will be inputted into Roblox with just a click of a button!

If this feature is added, it would allow all Roblox users to access their account quickly, without having to spend too unnecessary much time entering their usernames and passwords.

A huge part of Roblox is user satisfaction: it should host a fun, enjoyable gaming environment that shouldn’t be hard to reach and I believe that this minor addition will be one step closer in that direction.

Thank you for reading,
and Happy New Year (once again) :fireworks:!

59 Likes

Also add Sign in with Apple as well.

Don’t forget to add options for us to link accounts otherwise we’d have multiple of them…

5 Likes