Alternatives to “suicidal” content

Say I was going to make a Russian Roulette style game (a few players, one spins barrel of gun, aims at head, pulls trigger. They pass it ok and whoever pulls the trigger on bullet dies). It is a game of pure chance.

How would I go about having a game consisting of the same style but in line of ROBLOX Terms?

For example: turning the gun into a water gun or a nerf gun, would that work?

48 Likes

Don’t think it would be suicidal if it has a cartoony style, (nerf gun) but if it was realsticic and gory, yes.

11 Likes

Anything related to both gambling and suicide isn’t allowed on Roblox.

19 Likes

Don’t use Russian Roulette at all, just use a different game of chance.

38 Likes

What @KampfkarrenAsif, don’t use Russian roulette. I was thinking you could make a remake of breaking point??

5 Likes

I am aware, but how can I get around this with the style of game? For example (i’m not saying i’d add this) what if when you pulled the trigger something that isn’t you killed you with the gun, would that still count?

3 Likes

I recommend you just don’t make the Russian Roulette and come up with something different.

6 Likes

The problem is I uhh… already kinda started which is why I wanted to find a way to shift it around without scratching it.

3 Likes

I don’t think that it is an good idea to make a game revolving around something such as suicide. ROBLOX is a game meant for everyone and is a developer platform. Perhaps change how the game works.

3 Likes

That’s the most irresponsible thing you’re doing right now. Always ask if you’re not sure of something or even better - Don’t work on it if you’re questioning it being OK for Roblox.

11 Likes

I agree, just because you already worked on something doesn’t mean you should continue it. – Make something that is suitable for everyone.

3 Likes

You’re right, and I am aware of that which is why I want to find a way to shift the game around.

What if it was just a nerf gun and instead of dying you just take a bit of damage and walk out? Although that would make it a kind of comedic game.

4 Likes

Russian roulette is literally about suicide gambling.
Consider something else (ie. trap doors).

15 Likes

Honestly, sometimes it’s a good idea to drop what you’ve been working on if it means saving yourself from a termination.

4 Likes

Usually in cartoons I usually find anvils falling on a character, or maybe the character explodes and becomes a pile of ash with eyes. Try making something comedic but without the dark content that could expose children to a terrible influence.

6 Likes

I’ve only been working on it for a day, but the reason I don’t want to just drop it because I know there must be something I can do to save it, it’s already looking quite good and it would be a shame to throw it ALL away.

5 Likes

Using the same mechanics, you can just apply it to more child-friendly visuals.

• six burgers lined up, five are normal, one with a spicy pepper in it
  • six birthday presents, five have a puppy inside, one has socks
  • six jack-in-the-boxes, five have nothing, one has a clown

This is after 30 seconds of thinking, I’m sure you can come up with something.

53 Likes

So you’re saying for example a button in front of the player, and there is a chance of them dying from pressing it? Wouldn’t that still consist of the same theme as you’re gambling your life

1 Like

I’d say more of a chance of getting a big bruise on your head.

2 Likes

I see all of those ideas, but I’m trying to make them game quite tense, and I really don’t want to inflict a comedic style onto it.

1 Like