Amazing FREE Resources for learning Scripting On Roblox Studio

Okay, I will add the website to that. It is interesting how he made a website for Lua Learning.

1 Like

Also - you forgot a major one!

3 Likes

lol, that is true. Thanks for the reminder. I was thinking of that while i was typing, but i forgot about it.

1 Like

I suggest https://education.roblox.com too it’s a great resource for people to learn game developing in a classroom type environment.

1 Like

Thanks, I will add it. It is interesting how it looks just like the official site.

It is an official site by roblox :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh okay, I didn’t realize. Why do they have 2 sites that do the same thing though?

1 Like

education.roblox.com is meant for teachers who want to use this as an teaching material for students. So this website is pretty useful of you prefer learning in a classroom oriented style and plus, there are lot of well detailed tutorials and cheat sheets too.

While developer wiki has all the apis, tutroial, articles, videos etc meant for developing

1 Like

oh okay, are teachers allowed to use Roblox as a resource though?

Yes, ofcourse, they are allowed to use it.

1 Like

Would you say they use it often though, cause my teachers has never even mentioned it before.

I wouldnt say they use it often because as for me none of my teachers have ever talked about it before, and I guess would never since it’s not that popular.

Though it depends upon school, education system, and the teacher themselves.

If you have any more questions, let’s discuss further in DMs since I am getting a little off topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

okay, well thanks for clarifying that for me!

I’ve also made a list of resources for beginner/learning scripters and API links here.

1 Like

Interesting, should i add it to the list as a goof resource for learning scripting?

I made it specifically so people could find specific topics instead of broadly looking for tutorials themselves. For example, someone might finish a tutorial then not know what to learn next so I made this to make it easier to find more to learn. If you think it should be added, add it, I think you should in terms of specific resource links especially the API section that makes it easier to learn Roblox’s instances and services that learning scripters might want to be exposed to.

1 Like

Okay, I added it as #7. It really isn’t a ranking, it is just a list, but yeah.

Actually I really agree with all these things. I myself used CKStudio+ to learn scripting last year. It’s simple, and it gives you all the information about the code you are writing.