An off-topic section

Oh. Why don’t they bring it back?

It does exist, just not for Members.

2 Likes

What happened with the dev forum?

Roblox Forum, not devforum. From what I’m aware, everyone kept shitposting and some people spammed the living hell out of it, so Roblox just closed it down

1 Like

Why not for members? did an incident occur?

Oh, I’m talking about the DevForum lol.

I feel like the only reason its not for members is because of the Forum. Just might be my thoughts though

Two words: “Development Discussion”.

That place is an absolute disaster. Members treat it as off-topic most of the time, which should not be the case in a DEVELOPER forum.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s probably gonna get the devforum shut down too.

Doubt it’d get the whole forum shut down, probably just Dev Discussion getting locked to Regulars if anything

yeah, probably. As a member myself, who doesn’t abuse development discussion, that wouldn’t be fair for the members who don’t abuse it too. Also, what are the requirements for regular?

1 Like

Promotions are on hold for over half a year now. It is disappointing, but there is probably an internal reason behind it.

Even I as a regular would support the deprecation of lounge. I have my casual non-development discussion on Discord, and I even have Lounge muted.

5 Likes

Wasn’t it shut down due to discourse not having post-approval anymore? Either way, DD is really a dump. I am trying to get a harsher punishment for people who post spam/off-topic threads though.

2 Likes

I’m sorry what? Somebody posted CP on the devforums?
also if somebody wanted to do that then not having an off topic section won’t stop them

1 Like

No, this is a Developer Forum not a public forum, we don’t need trash posts, and mostly developers use this forum for the reason of development not to start trash discussion of who knows what topics.

If you’re competent enough to see this is a Developer Forum, not a public forum, I’d suggest you use other communication platforms to talk about whatever topic, here in the Developer Forum, it’s a forum for developers not for the Roblox public community.

I’m honestly disappointed in how many users fail to see this is a Developer Forum not a public forum…

Redirecting an already existing problem (and is a bad problem) from the current categories to another one will make that offtopic category an even worse problem that wastes moderation resources. People who aren’t developers will see there’s basically a Roblox forum here and start using it stupidly.

To summarize, no we don’t.

There are two options for what you want. One of which already exists and is locked to regulars, and one of which used to exist but was closed down due to mods not being able to keep up with it (the old Roblox website forum)

Your only choice right now is use discord servers, subreddits, or even just creating your own website/forum.

Seriously, we don’t need an off topic section.

1 Like