Animation causes "StartProcessException"

Hello!

I am experimenting with animations for a game and to generally get better and I made 2 animations that I was really proud of and liked the outcome however once I try to run a test to make sure everything works correctly… Studio spits a “StartProcessException” at me and crashes with the classical “Roblox needs to quit”.

Now this is frustrating for me because In the animation everything is perfect and nothing should be broken but no matter what I do to attempt to fix this cause, it doesn’t help… as if the engine just cannot handle it.

So far I’ve tried.

• Disabling “AnimationWeightedBlendFix”
  • Disabling “ClientAnimatorThrottler”
  • Wiping Studio Cache.
  • Re-installing studio.
  • Made sure the animations are compatible with the rigs (R6)
  • rmdir /s Roblox (Basically deletes everything related to a specific folder)
  • Trying the animations on different devices, including ones running different OS’s.
  • Contacting Roblox support. (They are keeping me on hold as far as I am aware but I know this isn’t happening on my device only.)

Animations can be found here.
BatIdle
BatSwing

I’ve noted that “Project-Swing-Bat” causes the most problems.
All I want is to “Recover” these animations and make them work without crashing the game, yet alone studio, I know I am not alone with this problem.

Edit: I am running.

Windows 11 Pro (Primary Device)
AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT GPU
Intel i5 CPU

Windows 10 Pro (Secondary Device)
GTX 1650 GPU
AMD Ryzen 5 3550H CPU

Thank you for your time reading.
Mark.

3 Likes

Huh, it somehow magically fixed itself after I left it alone for like a whole week, not sure if it’s because of a Roblox update or not but it no longer crashes my studio or player and I can safely use it again.