Animation Showcase

Hi everyone! My name is Qwerbly, but people also know me as Bubble! I am the creator of Mako Mermaids on ROBLOX! I am also pretty new to the DevForum. A few months ago, I modelled and animated this R-15 Rig which is heavily inspired from a somewhat popular TV Show called Mako Mermaids, and I’ve done a showcase with it. You can check it by clicking the link down below, that will redirect you to a tweet with the showcase that I made.

The main reason why I’m posting this Topic, is to ask you for your opinion on my work! What do you think I should add/change to it? Do you have any tips on how I could make it look better? If so, please let me know in the comment section down below, I would love to hear your suggestions! - :blush:

6 Likes

Also, I apologise if the video quality isn’t that neat. Twitter usually diminishes the video quality, regardless of the video.

The animation looks decent, but it could have been improved by some minor details. The arms shouldn’t be that stiff and the overall motion is too “robotic-like”. Try to add some keyframes to the arms, make offset motions, and your animation would be much better. I like the tail mesh and the movement, although it is not that “realistic”, still it is pretty good. In conclusion, 9/10, you did well :+1:

2 Likes

When the main body goes down I would make the tail go up, that way it looks more like an actual fish, if you want references on how a tail like that would work try looking at the way whales swim as their tail is also flat like that, aside from that its great if a little jerky at point, to fix that just stretch it out a bit and add some small corrections along the way

1 Like

Ive watched the show its based on and the mesh is amazing but like you said its kind of robotic like

1 Like