Animation Tips?

I’m going to add pets in the future and rather than making them fly i want them to follow you on ground, however I can not animate animals and I was wondering if the community has any ways of tackling this inability?

Anything is appreciated!

3 Likes

Hello there! I’m Kotojo! I’m making a game called Lands of Hell and I ran into this issue too!

Gonna try to keep it short and sweet for you!

Brief Explanation

So what does this do? Well you’ll learn to use a Plug-In to “rig” characters, rigging a character is apply limbs, so you can animate it just like a regular player!

In summary, you make a character model by building it, rig it with this plug-in, and then animate it like normal!

Here’s the tutorial!

Showcasing

I came across this issue about a year ago and came across a certain phrase, “custom character models” because I wanted to have animated wild life, fishes, bugs, so on! That way I can fill the world with animated and believable creatures!

Look at the little bug fly on by!

Sweet little red fish!

Hope this helped! Feel free to reply to me if you have any and all questions!

1 Like

I know how to rig and I know how to animate, however I want to get better at it and make it near-realistic alot like the roblox default animations except i want to be able to do it with animals, would you know of any tutorials I can learn from?

1 Like

Maybe you can learn from taking personal lessons on the anatomy of certain animals, and how these animals function? I found that looking at an animals anatomy can help a lot for future reference, but this isn’t the case for everyone. You can take reference from videos or documentaries of a certain animal you want to animate. This method also helps with creating drawings or models of animals.

I hope this post was helpful. :grin:

1 Like