Animation with an added Motor6D wont play

1. Currently, I just want this animation to play on my NPC that has a sword.

2. Well, its not playing. I have a script set up in the model of the character to play whatever animation set as the scripts child, then does a thing with the animation controller. I’ll just show you.

local anim = script.Animation
local animController = script.Parent.AnimationController

local LoadAnim = animController:LoadAnimation(anim)

LoadAnim:Play()

What this should do is load the animation from the scripts child and play it through the LoadAnim thingy.
But there’s no errors! I have no idea what is wrong or how to fix it.

1. What solutions have I tried so far? Well, I couldn’t find any. The thing is, the sword is WeldConstrainted to a part (handle bone), that is Motor6D’d to the Right Arm. I dont know if that would cause an issue, because it animates fine in the anim editor, but it wont start in game.

In editor: The animation is set up just fine.

In game: It aint happenin cheif

The models entire thing

The animation is also set as priority:idle, idk if that helps

2 Likes

I know a lot of people say that this is deprecated but try loading the Animation into the Humanoid instead.

1 Like

That won’t play the animation too.

1 Like

What animator are you using? The default Roblox animation editor or, a custom animation plugin such as Moon Animator?

If you are using the default Roblox animator plugin, did you make sure to set the Animation Priority to action?

Setting it to action is important to make it actually play when animating characters or other rigs like viewmodel arms. If you don’t set it to action, it won’t move anything such as the body parts.

Yeah, it seems that may have been the issue.