Announcement Panel Help

Ello, making an Admin Panel with an integrated Announcement Panel, and I need help with tweening it and making it so it says its from the admin who sent its username.

User Interface for the specific announcement.

4597b5441f65d6020dc0afad57a3bd16
f725e24ed47289ab3df6bf0b9284527c

Anyways I am trying to make it so when u put text in a TextBox and click “Notify” The UI is supposed to fade in with the announcement, so far it can show whatever text is in the text label but the issue is tweening it so it fades in. Heres my code:

Main Script

local frame = game.StarterGui.ScreenGui.Notify

frame.Transparency = 1

game.ReplicatedStorage.AnnounceEvent.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(player, text)
	script.Parent.Text = text

--0.241, 0,-0.3, 0
	--{0.241, 0},{0.035, 0}

game:GetService("TweenService"):Create(game.StarterGui.ScreenGui.Notify, TweenInfo.new(0.25), {Transparency = 0}):Play()
end)

Local Script

script.Parent.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()
	local textbox = script.Parent.Parent.Announce.Text

game.ReplicatedStorage.AnnounceEvent:FireServer(textbox)

end)

Any help would be great, also for the admin name I tried something along the lines of

game.StarterGui.ScreenGUI.Notify.upper.textlabel.Text = game.Players.LocalPlayer

Yet that did not work, thats why I am asking for help on that also.
Any help on either subject would be great!

When you referenced StarterGui, it actually changes the UI that the player spawns in with, not the player’s current UI. To reference their current UI use Player.PlayerGui.

(you should also handle all UI animations on the client, a remote event sent to the client would be the best for this situation)

Alright, I’ll try that for tweening. Thanks, ill update you of the results.

If you need any more help, feel free to ask. I can also help script it if you would like.

Made a separate local script and called a function, it did not work but its a start.

game.ReplicatedStorage.AnnounceEvent:FireServer():Connect(function()

local playerGui = game:GetService('Players').LocalPlayer:WaitForChild('PlayerGui')

game:GetService("TweenService"):Create(playerGui.ScreenGui.Notify, TweenInfo.new(0.25), {Transparency = 0}):Play()
end)

I believe it’s because your function isn’t connected properly. Try this instead:

game.ReplicatedStorage.AnnounceEvent.OnClientEvent:Connect(function()

local playerGui = game:GetService('Players').LocalPlayer:WaitForChild('PlayerGui')

game:GetService("TweenService"):Create(playerGui.ScreenGui.Notify, TweenInfo.new(0.25), {Transparency = 0}):Play()
end)

I didn’t get errors but the tweening still did not work. Tysm for the better connected function tho. You can tween transparency right??

Yes, you can tween almost every property.

Alright, then what can we do to make the Transparency property tween properly? I have done something similar with a Dark Mode/lightmode thing and it worked perfectly fine,

I just quickly made it myself and it works.

Video:

Placefile:
AnnouncementPanel.rbxl (42.3 KB)

I need to go soon so I hope you can figure out how to do it.

Alright, if it doesn’t work ill hit you back and you can respond whewnever you can.
Also nice RTX.