Another game idea, what do you think?

So, in this game, you are surrounded by nature and it’s slowly dying away. You team up with a tribe and you have to complete tasks to earn seeds. The seeds will help grow back what has been lost. Then, after completing them all, the tribe leader gives you his crown and you become the leader. There comes the finale. You, being the leader of the tribe, has to go alone to sneak into the plant taker’s castle where you fight the king that has caused war and havoc between the citizens. When you win and all the plant takers retreat, the plant god gives you all power to protect his plants and the nature kingdom is safe. You also have the choice to save the game and create a new one. Anyways, what do you think of this? Is this a good game idea? Please leave your feedback down below. Thanks! -Dxxmzy

1 Like

It sounds like you have a compelling game experience! If someone were to describe this journey as an adventure they went on in some game, I’d certainly want to play. However I struggle to see the actual mechanics behind it.

One thing you could do as a start is create a core loop, it breaks down the overall game into some basic high level mechanics that the player flows through. Here’s one for an open-galaxy spaceship builder game I was working on a few months back.

Another thing to consider is what kind of player do you want to enjoy your game? I’m not talking about demographics, but motivations.

Generally player motivations fall into these 3 colors, though using bridge motivations you can combine blue with both red or yellow. Combining red and yellow into a single game is difficult, and you risk splitting your player base.

Red games are usually competitive FPS type games like Fortnite. Yellow games are typically story focused immersive fantasies like Skyrim, Sims, or any other AAA linear story game. Blue games are strategy heavy games, ranging from Chess, to Factorio, Minesweeper, etc. A red-blue game would be something like League of Legends, and a blue-yellow game would be something like Sid Meier’s Civilization, as well as open world survival crafting games.

Based on your game being an epic-story at the center, with a bit of strategy, I’m guessing you’d find a place in the blue-yellow audience. Consider other games in that area, like Rust for instance, and see what mechanics allow them to achieve their intended experiences.

Best of luck! Looking forward to whatever game you end up making!

2 Likes

Hmmm.
It sounds nice.
The first part seems replayable, yet the second part doesn’t.
Could you elaborate your idea?