Anti-Dex Explorer

Hello, Is there a way to make an Anti-Dex explorer? How does SCP:Roleplay do it?
Please help me out.

7 Likes

if game:FindFirstChild("exploit_gui_name", true) then

It’ll be able to reach into game.CoreGui without elevated permissions and attempt to grab the target GUI by name.

Previous advice used to work specifically around 2020, I never really experimented with the method itself long term to realize that it no longer works.

5 Likes

would I have to do game.DescendantAdded?

1 Like

No, using the FindFirstChild thing should work.

1 Like

So in starter player scripts, can I do something like:

if game:FindFirstChild("RemoteDebugWindow", true) then
 --Frame inside of dex, dex screen GUI has a random hash name
game.Players.LocalPlayer:Kick("Dont use dex!")
end
4 Likes

Roblox patched that method im 90% sure

1 Like

That should work good, I also recommend you to put it in a loop just in case they run it later in time.

while true do
      if game:FindFirstChild("RemoteDebugWindow", true) then
         --Frame inside of dex, dex screen GUI has a random hash name
         game.Players.LocalPlayer:Kick("Dont use dex!")
         break
     end
     task.wait()
end

If this method works for you, make sure to mark @GetGlobals post as a solution.

5 Likes

The problem with most exploits is that they change the names quite often, so the only “foolproof” method I can think of is just to list all names of the items expected to be in your game. This method is incredibly manual and might also affect your game’s performance.

2 Likes

still doesnt work when I attach dex

Could you show a screenshot of CoreGui when it was ran?

I suggest you don’t do that (or say that) just in case a roblox mod is watching :eyes:

3 Likes

Its in my own game and for development purposes only

Alright, so it seems like this one is able to avoid it by randomizing the name.
If you wanted to test the theory that it could work you can try detecting ThemeProvider or PurchasePrompt

game.DescendantsAdded would also be a valid alternative.

That’s not a good idea… looping through every descendant of the game that often? That will 100% cause performance issues…

2 Likes

It’s very rare to come across a good dex detection, but the ones listed here do not work. The most common ‘detection’ is a memory check but that’s a horrible thing to add into a laggy/big game. Just make sure you secure your remotes and your game.

4 Likes

As I said, exploits often change their names, which make them so hard to detect. The only way to detect injected items is to check if anything in a specific instance is not supposed to be there.

I agree with @SnoopyLG

Your best bet is to work on your game, some exploits you can’t reliably patch. Anything they can take with Dex is already on their client and can be stolen or seen. Just don’t store anything in containers like ReplicatedStorage if you don’t need to, or don’t want them stolen.

Besides, most exploits put their GUIs under CoreGui or straight up not on the Roblox client

To anyone that may stumble on this post: FINDFIRSTCHILD DOES NOT BYPASS THE ROBLOX LOCK. IT WORKS IN YOUR COMMAND BAR BUT THAT IS IT. IT WILL NOT WORK IN SERVER SCRIPTS.

5 Likes

Bro who ever thought FindFirstChild worked still living in 2020 :skull:, it doesn’t neither does DescendantAdded.