Appears Manual Graphics Mode, but Automatic

When joining a game the Settings tab says Manual Graphics Mode is set on, but it seems to be doing Automatic instead. I’m not sure if it does this every time I join a server/game, but it does it quite often. I’ve been having a problem with this for some time now and it gets annoying to go into setting every time it happens.

I can notice the graphics quality changing as if it were on Automatic (which is why I am guessing it’s Automatic instead of Manual).

As you can see it’s set to manual and graphics quality 1, but the neon is glowing.

If someone has a better a title for the topic, then let me know.

10 Likes

Yeah I’ve been running into this as well. Don’t know what causes it, but when it’s set to 10 it thinks it’s in automatic. All the other settings keep it in manual.

2 Likes

Can you provide a working repro for this?

1 Like

It’s really hard to say if I can make repro of it. I simply join a game with those settings on, and the graphics quality changes when the game loads (but still displays Manual and Level 1). I’ll test it out on a different computer in a bit.

1 Like

I just tested it on another computer and it did exactly the same thing. If this is something intentional then I don’t think it should happen.

Repro: Just make sure your ROBLOX settings are set the same as below and then join any game that you can notice graphics quality changes (that contain blur, neon, etc.) I’m not sure if it does this on any other OS.

OS Tested:
Windows 10 & Windows 7

Settings:
Graphics Mode: Manual
Graphics Quality: 1

1. Join a game
  2. Set Graphics Mode to Manual and Graphics Quality to 1
  3. Rejoin game, or join a different game
  4. Wait a bit after you join the game, and you should notice the Graphics Quality change

That’s the best explanation that I can do.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll take a look into this.

1 Like

This should now be fixed. The issue was that your quality level wasn’t being initialized from your saved settings, and was defaulting to auto.

3 Likes

Hey! I know this is eight years later, but I’m now experiencing this exact issue.

10 Likes

I also am experiencing this issue, though I have an ongoing ticket with support as I cannot find any way to resolve this. If anyone has any tips to resolve it before they respond, it would be appreciated.

Roblox is interpreting my setting as automatic and is unable to change to manual despite being set to such through in-game settings.

5 Likes

Same thing here, my quality settings in games are not being respected and every Roblox game looks crappy even though I can run it at 10.

10 Likes

I have also been experiencing this issue recently, it started occurring about 2 days ago. Despite setting the quality to manual, Roblox overrides the input and does not respond when the quality is adjusted.

8 Likes

I am also experiencing this issue. Maybe an issue from ROBLOX turning on future lighting for mobile? Who knows.

4 Likes

This is happening again and has been doing so since the usual Wednesday update last week. My graphics are set to the maximum and changing the mode does not affect anything, it is locked at automatic no matter what.

6 Likes

I helped solve this problem for a friend, here’s what temporarily worked for them:
Press Windows+R and type %localappdata%\Roblox
Delete (or rename) GlobalBasicSettings_13.xml
Launch Roblox

(it broke again soon after, so there is likely a deeper cause)

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been going in and deleting all of the settings files after I leave and that resets it to default, however as soon as you go back in-game and change it, it breaks again.

1 Like

There appears to have been a regression.

Build 0.634.0.6340420
MacOS

1 Like

Question: have you played an experience that teleports you to another experience? That seems to be a common denominator in these issues.

1 Like

same… its back again

4 Likes

Reinstalling Roblox has fixed this problem with me. First I deleted the Roblox files, then used the Bloxstrap launcher.

1 Like

Roblox Reinstall does not fix this for me. It’s a Roblox issue.

3 Likes