Application not received?

I’m requesting information from anyone who has submitted an application to attend RDC but has not heard anything back. I reached out to the developer relations team and was told my invite was NEVER RECEIVED :face_with_monocle::face_with_raised_eyebrow:. This is odd because I submitted my application the day the form was released. Now I believe I won’t get an invite as I’m a day late dollar short. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks!

6 Likes

They probably didn’t choose you because no one can get wave invites anymore @amoeba told me this a few days ago, you can go to the 2020 one though since they do The RDC every year

2 Likes

Just yesterday they sent out some of the invites from the application. If you haven’t been invited and sent in an application then that’s all you can do. They choose who goes, and I believe they aren’t done sending invites just yet. I believe last year it went up to like 2 weeks before RDC or something (someone correct me if I’m wrong here.)

4 Likes

Ok are you sure there are still invites left?

2 Likes

There should be, so we’ll just have to wait and see. Anything can happen up to RDC.

3 Likes

Ok I’ll see about how it goes…

2 Likes

How do you know if they invited you via sending you an email. Where would you see that at? Would you see it in messages?

2 Likes

You’d see it in your email, but you can also get an alternative invitation through Roblox messages after the waves (I believe you were gonna be invited in the waves but too late or something.)

3 Likes

Wait WHAT… How did you know I might’ve been invited or not?

2 Likes

No no, the alternative invite through roblox website itself (your account messages) if you receive that it means:

As stated though, this is just my theory.

2 Likes

Ok I thought that you thought… oh your saying if I was invited, it would come through Roblox messages. Ok thanks for letting me know that.

1 Like

The same happened to me. I believe there are certain prerequisites that we don’t yet meet. I’ve included a link to a plugin of mine in my form, yet I don’t have any recorded sales from anyone who is an admin.

For reference, the plugin is named VisualPlugin - useful building plugin:

1 Like

Yes there are two different invites, you’d automatically receive one in one of the waves if they chose you. This invite would go through to your email (the email your account is attached too.) This is also where the invite would be through the application method if you get accepted and you can buy your ticket through that.

This “other” invite is through your roblox messages, as stated. I believe this type of invite is because you were meant to be in the waves but weren’t. It’s not really any different then the application method on terms of getting an actual invite and you’d get one through your email in the end.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for telling me. If I don’t get invited, I’ll go to 2020’s RDC Instead.

1 Like

Don’t be too worried, if you are important enough or interesting enough you’ll be chosen. They want developers who really want to learn and get something from this event, it’s a special important event so they want people who really want to come and have made strives to come… well to come. Only about 2.1K people have viewed the application with about 800 (max) realistically applying. So your odds of getting in are pretty high overall and just depends on what kind of effort you’ve shown. I believe your good, but there’s always next year so don’t feel left out.

These are not their direct words but more-so an interpretation of the event.

5 Likes

My point is I had a better chance because I submitted my application the day is was released, but since they supposedly never received the application my chances are nullified.

2 Likes

Yeah I sent mine a few weeks after…

1 Like

Same, still 0 visits on my demo place.

Plus, I was one of the first people (at most first thirty) to submit an application.

2 Likes

You should start tracking your visitors. Discord’s webhook API could help notify you when an administrator comes into your demo place.

3 Likes

I applied, heard nothing so maybe?

2 Likes