Are sun rays not working?

I managed to put the “Sun Rays” into the lighting section and the effect is not coming up. Is it currently disabled?

10 Likes

Any idea what your graphics setting is set to? Should be under file > settings > rendering.

5 Likes

Studio graphics level has to be above around 18 I believe. Do what Nexus said to change it.

1 Like

get this

1 Like

I am at Quality Level 21.

1 Like

could your graphics card be an issue?

I don’t think so because I see sun rays perfectly in other games.

and you made sure that the sunrays effect is enabled?

1 Like

Can you activate render stats panel (Ctrl+Shift+F2) and upload the screenshot?

Also it might be useful to see the graphics logs; to get them, close studio, go to C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Roblox\logs, remove all files, open studio with your place, and upload the file that appears in that folder that has a name like log_…_1.txt

2 Likes

@Mistertitanic44 it’s enabled.

@zeuxcg

can’t find the log files from the destination you showed me.

1 Like

Odd bug. They work in one of my games but not the other and I have no idea why. They legit worked the other day.

Maybe this has something to do with how the place is set up - does anybody else see sun rays in your game(s)? Is the issue only in Studio for this specific game?

The issue is for the game. It doesn’t work in studio or in game but on other places it does work.

That makes more sense. Can you add a link to the game?

mmm nvm got it working again, something set lighting.geolat to 0 :frowning:

For the people who has this issue but none of the replies in this topic hasn’t fixed the issue, you could try this:

Make sure that Graphics Mode is set to Automatic on the Rendering tab in Settings.
Apparently not all graphics modes supports the lighting effects

That fixed the Sun rays effect for me once.

4 Likes

thanks! I was having the same issue, and this helped.

1 Like