Attempted to index nil with parent [Solved]

yes exactly, btw im curious how did you get the programmer tag? i want one aswell since im a programmer.

I don’t quite remember, I’ll go check!

Okay. Go to this link and join any groups you want (you can join multiple!). Once you’ve joined the groups, go to your devforum profile preferences and you should be able to select a title and a flair of your choice!

Link: DevForum | Roblox

Just checked. No issues.

Error remains:

20:49:07.591  Workspace.Model.Lemon.ProximityPrompt.GiveScript:7: attempt to index nil with 'Parent'  -  Server - GiveScript:7
  20:49:07.591  Stack Begin  -  Studio
  20:49:07.592  Script 'Workspace.Model.Lemon.ProximityPrompt.GiveScript', Line 7  -  Studio - GiveScript:7
  20:49:07.592  Stack End  -  Studio

I might change this to [UNSOLVEABLE] lol

There’s no problem with not using proxymitypromtservice
https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/event/ProximityPrompt/Triggered

The issue is the item isn’t getting detected. Does the ItemClone prints?
Studio gets buggy sometimes and restarting the studio do the trick.

1 Like

It prints nil even though both the server and the client sees it’s there.

Please use heart next time, that’s against the rules.

Are you sure that the Item exist in the replicatedstorage?

Yep, it’s there, it even autofills.

I don’t see any problem in here, maybe its a roblox studio thing.It might work after you restart studio.

Error remains as it is. I think it might actually be fitting to change the title/topic to, “UNSOLVEABLE”

I’ve looked though all the fixes again, it’s a studio bug. There’s nothing else we can do.

If you think there is something else we can do, then go for it, other than that, I’ll have to shut down my bakery because everything is essentially non-functional because of this stupid bug.

I don’t think so, but if for some reason, there is something that changes the object’s Archivable? Search if there is anything related to Archivable, another solution I saw is to copy and paste everything to a new place.

1 Like

Oh my god. It’s off AFTER you join the game, not before.

It’s adonis. The admin system.

So, find and disable that line, that will solve the problem.

1 Like

It’s adonis’s anti-exploit. It was screwing with everything. I had a gut feeling it was Adonis…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.