Auctioning - Against Roblox ToS?

Hello! I have several questions regarding a game I am thinking of making and whether it violates Roblox’s ToS. My idea is to have an auctioning game where players can auction their limiteds off. It would be a quick way of making money, for the player and the me. Anyways, my question is that is auctioning against ToS? I also wonder how I could make a scam proof system where the player would get the item, and also pay for it.
Thank you for any ideas and answers!
(note i am really just looking for feedback on whether auctioning violates tos not how the auctioning will work)

1 Like

How can you make money of this?

3 Likes

if any items are bought inside your game you earn a little cut of of it I believe

1 Like

I would create an auction group where the funds would enter and then be distributed. I would get 20% of the funds, and I am still smoothing the wrinkles out.

like i said here just now and yes you are right

Funds of what? People are buying limiteds from a person, so you will not get any robux?

No, let’s say you want to buy a limited from someone, as the price goes up, you make the final offer, and then you buy it from them. Like I said, the wrinkles are being smoothed out. But I am not the one buying the limiteds, I run the operation to make the price of your limited higher.

I suggest lower the percentage, 20% is too much, go for 5 or less than it. Even real estate won’t do 20%.

Plus your idea of storing Robux in group wouldn’t really work out, because Roblox would cut off a percentage when you transfer money to group members.

At the end, you can create a game to auction, but your idea of storing robux in a group wouldn’t work out since people can just trade using roblox’s trading system without any charges.

Yes, that makes sense, and this was just an idea that came to me an hour ago. I will most likely bump it down to 10%, and I will maybe find a way to transfer robux via a game with no cut off.

Do you even know why roblox does cutoffs? I know roblox usually does 30% cut on clothing and gamepasses, but do you know why they do it?

Profit, they have to earn money in some way.

Yes, I see now. I got a little off topic there.

1 Like

Sounds pretty risky business that I would not start, and you know roblox don’t like stuff like this

Depends on the risk, if the game is awful at handling bots/scams then most likely the game will get taken down.

Ok so, I don’t think it self would be against TOS but limiteds are a gray area. How will you make the money? You cannot distribute funds to people so it would have to be direct gamepass to the seller.

Yes. If it were in-game items, then no. Limiteds??? Yes it will be against the TOS.

It is like if you want that limited, you bet your price on it, but another person wants it, so the price goes up and up, so the seller makes more money than they would have just by trading/selling it on the website.

I would make a 10-100 robux fee based on what limiteds you were selling and I would have donations set up also.

Yes I guess so, but it doesn’t involve any scams or losing money, it just is a way for limited sellers to make more money, while I make a small profit.

How would you take the 10% from the fee? You can’t give them fund via group.