Auto-Updating Models without Shutdown

I’ve heard somewhere in the past that there is a new type of model or something where it updates automatically without servers having to be restarted. I know that there’s also a type of model that automatically updates in Studio, but I’m not sure if that’s the same thing.

Either way, I can’t seem to find info on either. Anyone able to help?

If not, do ModuleScripts update during live servers? If so, I may be able to use that to my advantage.

Thanks

2 Likes

As far as I’m aware this sort of thing doesn’t exist.

Maybe they’re running a script that changes parts of a model based off a html request to a server that they update.

Couldnt they use messaging service?

That would be implying there is already an active server with the updated model (a server created after the update). Even then, you would have to pass through all the data of the updated model through MessagingService. Plus, if there is a script that was updated in that model, I don’t believe it can be passed which would ruin it anyways (of course that is only for models/folders/objects with a script inside that changed).

A way I’ve seen people get around this is to instead of update a model when they have an update, upload a new model and then load that into the game. I don’t think this is possible without some kind of web service however as ROBLOX doesn’t have functionality for loading in a particular or even most recent version of a model- they cache the most recently inserted or required version.