AutoVehicle - Automatic vehicle rigging plugin

By going into the example file and using the plugin on it, you can see the attachments not being placed correctly. They appear to be sideways as shown here.

5 Likes

Thanks mate! Really appreciate itā€¦

No. I have a pretty dang good PC. Itā€™s no beast but it runs any RBLX game or Minecraft on max graphics + Raytracing and Spotify. Really any game for that matter. Basically itā€™s not the PCā€¦

Would it be possible to create a lock/unlock feature for the vehicle?

1 Like

Is it possible to make tanks from it?

2 Likes

Technically, yes. Although, you will have to tweak the code if you wish to do stationary rotations.

Yup, you would have to tweak the rigging code and the controller itself to control the tank properly.

Wouldnā€™t be too hard. Just replacing what moves for certain keycodes. Right?

If you expand upon how it would work, I could help you make it work using prompts and suchā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a nice suggestion, I will add proximity prompts as an optional way to let players enter vehicles.

1 Like

I had plans to make it very similar to Anomic, where a user can secure his or her car, but also be vigilant as someone may take interest in it, teaching players to care for their belongings and know what a suspicious person looks like. Car thieves in Anomic are obvious. They poke around the driverā€™s side of a vehicle and highlight the driverā€™s door to see if the door says ā€œLockā€. If it says ā€œLockā€ that means itā€™s unlocked and a player can drive away with it. The thing about this is that when I watch other people poke around cars I know what theyā€™re after - the car. However I feel as if players will only end up abusing this feature like players abuse the ability to build on plots to barricade the stairway to the 3 story apartment buildings, so Iā€™m going to need some time to think about whether or not I want to do this. At the same time it would add a lot to a roleplaying game. Most roleplay games like Pacifico 2 have criminal roles but prohibit you from stealing vehicles which is something most criminals do. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I could add the ability to purchase vehicle security items such as an alarm which warns other people passing by via a not too bright but visible light that itā€™s secured and will go off if tampered with to circumvent the issue, but Iā€™m not good at scripting. I have been trying to go through a few tutorials to work on my scripting skills. I have my modeling skills to work on too though.

2 Likes

It would be a configurable true/false value. Right? Please?

2 Likes

Iā€™m new to scripting too, but have learned a lot. Iā€™d definitely be willing to build the codes with you, if you wish. I might also want to help with modeling (lowkey love modeling above all else).

@Daw588, you know a thing or two about Roblox Studio, is there a way to stack Proximity Prompts without having them block eachother out of view? Something like a Proximity Prompt Menu; a person could walk up to his/her car and have a menu for different functions (Lock/Unlock, grab winch, etc.)

1 Like

Yes of course, no need to change script for those things.

1 Like

I dont think that there is built-in way to do that, but you can offset them automatically using a script.

2 Likes

Thank you for the offer on the help but Iā€™m okay with trying to do things myself plus Iā€™m used to being a one man army which is why Iā€™m striving to develop both scripting and modeling skills all at once. Again, thank you for offering to help, but Iā€™m okay with doing things myself. :slight_smile:

Ya np! What style game you making? If itā€™s RP, is it more like Anomic or Jailbreak?

1 Like

Little bit of Anomic and old Roblox RP games like Welcome to the Town of Robloxia or itā€™s sequel, Robloxity. I have plenty of plans but I donā€™t want to reveal too much.

2 Likes

I did everything as the tutorial told me to do but when I rigged the car, whenever I playtest the wheels are all facing the wrong direction.

1 Like

Tried to do it again with a new model, and now it just adds a rig data folder with nothing in it and does nothing else.