Avatar flairs for staff, interns and distinctive community members added

Howdy (#2 this week),

What?

We’ve added avatar flairs (small role icons) to Roblox Staff, Roblox Interns, Community Champions (formerly Roblox Champions), Community Sages (= rename of Lead Top Contributor), and to the Post Approval team members. You can see examples of these flairs below:

image image image image image
We are also looking into something similar for people that contribute a lot of high quality content to the forum. This will be related to the Top Contributor role, but there are still some pending changes that we need to address first before we can share. Stay tuned on that last one.

Why?

Some reasons:

• Making these roles easy to distinguish as you scroll through a topic. These people either have high authority on feature requests, bug reports and announcements (Roblox Staff/Interns), or authority on the developer forum (Community Sage, Roblox Staff, Post Approval), or are otherwise highly knowledgeable about Roblox development, and/or the forum, and/or its community. (Community Sage, Champion, Post Approval, Roblox Interns).

• Ever since everyone could give themselves a title through the Public Groups (“Programmer”, “Builder”, “Graphics Designer”, etc), it has been harder to separate Developer Relations members and Roblox engineers from other posters while scrolling through topics. Giving them a flair makes it easier to spot these people.

When?

Now. Wasn’t that obvious? There’s one in your face right now.

Can I get one?

Right now it is restricted to the 5 private groups mentioned above, so the short answer is (likely) no. In the future however, there may be ways in which we highlight members automatically with a flair based on forum contribution and performance.

That’s all folks. Just adding some flair to your life. You’re welcome.

52 Likes

This looks great! I’m especially excited by the addition of flairs for Roblox Staff and Interns, as that should make it way easier for me to find staff replies in announcement threads primarily.

4 Likes

Would be awesome to see activity based or cake day/birthday flairs. Would look a lot better than the cake next to one’s username. Love the update!

Are these “Avatar Flairs” just on the forum site or are they in Roblox games too? Just now I found this next to my username in my Roblox game.

2 Likes

They updated the creator badge in-game today, it is totally unrelated to this. Just a coincidence that it happened on the same day.

EDIT (because some people apparently don’t get it): Community Sages are not staff. We have nothing to do with in-game icons or anything like that. This thread is just for the Developer Forum.

11 Likes

Are these flair badges eventually going to be clickable to see the group? Like how we can click the Lead_Top_Contributor next to your name, and it’ll show us the LTC group

2 Likes

This is a built-in Discourse feature so it would have to be a feature request on the Discourse meta if you really want that. Flairs are based on primary group membership though, so it is likely that you will always see the group title next to the name to click on anyway.

This avatar flairs seems interesting.

yo that’s finna woke

Flavor text aside, loving the flair and the improvements in organization. :+1:

1 Like

I wonder if it’s possible for full members to get some sort of flare since there are so few of full members compared to new members and could potentially help new members to know who to turn to for help without having to visit their profile, plus it could increase credibility for full members since it shows they’ll (usually) be a reliable source of information.

just putting in my two cents, but I do understand why full members don’t have their own flare

Was wondering about those haha. I’m excited for the Top Contributor changes, whatever they are.

This actually got me to smile with how cool it was. Excited to see some more logos and an expansion in the future maybe? :crystal_ball: :crystal_ball: :crystal_ball: