Average playtime is super low

Hello, everyone! My team and I have just spent weeks developing a game called Paradise Life. You can check it out here
https://www.roblox.com/games/4993358366/Paradise-Life#!/store

I was going through the Developer stats and realized the average playtime was super low.
fodevforum1

Then I went onto Rolimons to see how the other roleplay games similar to this do and their average playtime is 15 minutes! I am so confused about how mine is doing so poorly to theirs. Any advice and or tips would be greatly appreciated

1 Like

There is too many Roleplay games is the problem plus RP games have a lot of bullies I’ve noticed. Maybe just make yours different? Make it better then the others (Life in Paradise etc…)

2 Likes

But mine is different, It’s located in a city that has neon lights everywhere, I get city vibes from my game and all the other ones its just happy daytime in suburbs.

Hey there!
I do understand what you are talking about, even though I do not have a roleplay-centered game myself.

The way I would interpret this is that competition is taking players. So, my advice would probably to add things which would be enticing to players without deterring them. For example, things which may deter players are:

• High pricing on Dev Products/Gamepasses
  • Unfair gameplay
  • Uninteresting gameplay style

These are just a few factors that may affect gameplay time.

Thanks for letting us reply!

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback I’ll look into all of this.

1 Like

Younger kids usually play RP games. One of the main reason that Adopt Me is popular is that they have pets. I would add things that younger children like, such as pets, prizes. Add extra things to your game so nobody thinks it’s just another Adopt Me game. Good luck!

1 Like

We do have pets, daily rewards, and every 10 minutes players are rewarded with cash, I have been thinking about all of this though and I’m considering re doing the map to make it more appealing for kids because my map seems to be a lot more dark then the others.

Yeah, try making the map bright and interesting. You can add things like a parkour zone or something. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

True, but maybe they want the original type. Yes I said different, but then again I’m not the type of person who plays those games. Maybe they don’t like the bright lights? I’m sure if you just wait it’ll become more popular.

2 Likes

You need something to captivate the people playing. It shouldnt be ads alone. Perhaps your ads are misleading and your game is disappointing, but like I said in the other thread, that it seems sell out-y with the popup pay right away. Some of these plays are coming from the devforum, but obviously not a whole lot. Maybe to others your game is just very basic and blends in with others-- a solution to help fix this is do your typical “use code XYZ for a free pet/item!”, otherwise, add badges and little easter eggs and stuff for them to do. maybe a small obby…? interact with your community more like adding “you met the creator” badge. I hope this helps in sme way

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback, I’ve actually figured out the issue, I was going through every single role play game and I realized they all had a “play 10 more minutes for 100 more cash” and I’m almost certain that will boost my playtime up a ton, because right now we have it so you get cash every 10 minutes but they don’t know! Thanks!

1 Like

Jeez. Didn’t know strategy? Most RP games have a every bla bla bla minutes, you get cash. That’s one of the strategies of playtime.

Back when i was younger, at my other main account. pleasssssa. In my first year of playing roblox, i liked RP games. I loved playing RP games for a long time because of the cash, not roleplaying with other roblox players.

That’s just one of the strategies. there are other more!

1 Like