Beams break after publishing into a team create and closing then opening studio?

Context:

So late at night one weekend I was wrapping up the day by adding the finishing touches of some beams around my map. This one, in particular, is a warning telling civilians to stay clear of this area because rebels are housed here.

This is what it looked like prior to saving and publishing.

I am currently editing this in a team create with my buddies, under a single group. The image being displayed on the beam was originally uploaded through the texture upload using images found in your files, and as you can see below, Roblox automatically converted it to an asset link (the one in the picture found here.

After that night, I published and logged off for the day. I come back today and all beams across my map have lost their texture. It still reads the fact that there is a texture in properties, but it refuses to render. Below are all instances of beams acting like this.
In the third picture, there are actually two beams, the text and scan lines behind it. The scan line beam refuses to load.

What’s strange is there are some beams in this project that do load, such as this old and unused screen that displays an image.

Condensing the asset link to rbxassetid:// does not fix the problem, either.

If anyone knows how I could possibly fix this, it would be greatly appreciated! At this point, it does not let me upload new textures to the beams, so until I can get a solution the white beams will remain white, sadly.

Additionally, I don’t have access to studio bug reports, which would probably be a better place for a post like this.

Anyway, thanks!

2 Likes

Well, I honestly don’t know the solution for this, but to my knowledge I know some textures can get moderated, it can rather be because of the name, of the image itself, or for explicit links in the texture. This happened to me a lot when texturing uv unwrapping with textures with watermarks or stuff like that.

Maybe and just maybe those Chinese symbols can affect how Roblox moderate textures or considere them as inappropriate
Check the name and check if the texture itself has links or watermarks on it.

That is the only thing that comes up to my mind right now, hope it helps you

1 Like

Well, I honestly don’t know the solution for this, but to my knowledge I know some textures can get moderated, it can rather be because of the name, of the image itself, or for explicit links in the texture. This happened to me a lot when texturing uv unwrapping with textures with watermarks or stuff like that.

Maybe and just maybe those Chinese symbols can affect how Roblox moderate textures or considere them as inappropriate
Check the name and check if the texture itself has links or watermarks on it.

That is the only thing that comes up to my mind right now, hope it helps you

The textures thankfully haven’t been moderated. You can tell by looking at the links that they are still up and the images themselves haven’t been deleted.

https://www.roblox.com/library/5871773511/Images-thing3

1 Like