Beginner in "Layered Clothing" [Solved]

Hello, its been a long time since I wanted to successfully create layered clothing for my game,
my goal is to create a “Hazmat suit” that kind of looks like this:

adapted for roblox of course with a lower number of polygons and all…

since I didn’t know anything about layered clothing creation I looked for tutorials and I only found that one video:

so I started following the tutorial step by step:
I first modeled a “kind of” hazmat suit base just for testing

after that I did every thing like in the tutorial at the end I had this:

but when I imported the thing to roblox studio this is how it looked like on my character :sweat_smile: :

if someone could tell me what is causing this :thinking: it would help me a lot!

5 Likes

Are you using an r15 or a character pack

By character pack I mean
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi0oaWmttD4AhVHDEQIHZIfC2wQFnoECAYQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.roblox.com%2Fbundles%2F337%2FCity-Life-Woman&usg=AOvVaw2cDu7asWdmTf0edyqX0Peb

City life woman, man, that zombie one, etc

3 Likes

um no I used the layered clothing template from the youtube tutorial:

and my roblox character is r15

3 Likes

did you enable the 3d layered clothing beta feature? if not, then do

3 Likes

Yes I did enable it, I think that the problem is more caused by something that I did wrong in blender

3 Likes

well I think this technology is still WIP anyways

2 Likes

Did you manage to figure out your issue? I’m also having issues importing meshes.

2 Likes

oh yeah I did manage to create layered clothing, sorry that I forgot to update this topic :sweat_smile:

so for me I had two issues:
1-when I downloaded the blender file of the layered clothing template for some reason the cages were not named correctly so I just renamed them to how they were supposed to be named:
Capture d’écran 2022-09-06 175913

2-and the second issue was because of me, when I was sculpting the OuterCage on top of the clothing I used a Blender “symmetry/mirror tool” and it made the outer cage have a different amount of vertices than the Inner cage and that broke everything, to avoid this make sure to only use “Sculpting” and not “symmetrize” anything

I tryed to do it again with a “lab coat”:

and as you can see it worked well this time:

“tell me if it still doesn’t work for you”

Hope this will help

4 Likes

Awesome, I’m glad you fixed the issue! The labcoat looks great! Sometimes, it’s the small silly mistakes that get us stuck.
I was having issues myself with layered clothing and made a forum post about it and I have a feeling its something I am overlooking. I’ll give it another go! Thank you for the response!

3 Likes

To anyone else trying to solve issues with layered clothing: If your clothes arent attaching right, consider checking the “weight paint” as well. I had a very very slight dot of weight paint that deformed the neckline of a t-shirt.

1 Like

Roblox really needs to make a tutorial on how to use layered clothings and make them if they wan’t more people making stuff. The fact there is one video and it doesn’t go into much detail really limits how many people can create them.

2 Likes

Do you also have discord? I want to ask you some things