Beginners Tutorial - How To Use Developer Spawn Assets

Hello, Roblox Community

Do you ever wonder how big the possibilities are for your Roblox game? If you do, your in the right place! My name is Snowflake, a Roblox developer, communicator and content creator and I am ready to teach you how to use your settings to make it so when a player joins your Roblox game, their character spawn the way you want it! When a player joins your game, they spawn with their default avatar. For example, if someone has a Roblox avatar with a gray shirt, they will spawn into your game with a gray shirt. If someone is wearing a necklace on their Roblox avatar, they will spawn with the necklace. If someone has their body type/ animation type set to R6, they will spawn in R6 mode. However, when a developer overwrites this in settings, they can choose what a player wears.

1). Publish your game to Roblox in file clicking publish to roblox.
2). Open Game Settings in Roblox studio.
3). Go to a category named avatar.

Now, you have access to how players spawn. As we see, we can control avatar type, animation and body parts. I will break each section down for you!

Here we have three options, players choice, R15 and R6. If you select players choice (default), the player spawns with the type that they have selected in Roblox. If you set this to R15 or R6, that player will spawn as what you set it. For example, if you select R6, all players who join your game will spawn with R6 mode enabled. This can be very useful depending on the type of game you are creating.

Animation
In this section, we are limited to only two options. We can see standard and players choice. If we select standard, a player will spawn in-game with no animation. They will walk normally with no style, no detail and no special movements. If you select players choice, the player spawns with the animation that they selected in Roblox. For example, if someone had the Stylish Animation pack activated, they would spawn in the game with that animation.

Body Parts
This option sparks much creativity! You can choose what a player wears and what they body parts look like in-game. In my game that I have been working on, I have set it so when a player joins, a certain face spawns on their avatar. In more detail, I typed asset identity code 42070576 in face identity. Now when a player joins my game, they spawn with the face I directed in settings. You can also do this for body parts, clothing, accessories and much more.

More Information
I truly hope that this post helped some struggling developers. If you have a question for me, contact me via Roblox or via other social platforms. If you happen to find anything inaccurate about this passage, do not hesitate to let me know so I can quickly fix it. Have an awesome day!

Thankyou,
Snowflake (@SnowflakeForest10)

5 Likes