Better Chat V1 [Deprecated]

Pretty cool and useful, although kinda hard to read the msgs.

This should be a Awesome animation that you can integrate to the dot’s indicators!

17650bf7fd3c9209-facebook-messenger-typing-indicator

6 Likes

This look amazing! Just a question: Does a chat tag script for the default roblox chat give a tag for this?

It will if you use the HD admin wrapper, that’s assuming you use a server script to set them.

5 Likes

Update [BETA] 1.0.3

• Fixed bubble chat breaking randomly (officially this time)
  • Fixed some scaling issues
  • Added new typing indicator animations
  • Fixed autofill not text wrapping
  • Whispering and mentioning by display name (toggleable in the new loader config, but not needed to reinstall)
  • Misc bug fixes
3 Likes

Status Update

• Added the attribute system’s system’s documentation to the gitbook.
  • Added two new post polls
  • Added new plugin release place in the Discord Server
  • Added RoVer verification to the discord server.
3 Likes

Just a question: On the documentation, it says for the attributes that you can use the setattribute to change the player’s chat properties. Would this be in a server script or localscript?

I think it should be on a server script, so the server can see it.

Either works, but the Server is recommended because the Client will not replicate.

This! Is! Amazing! Utterly Amazing! I usually want to make everything myself,
but I’ll definitely consider using this in future games (with credit!)

Although this may already be in, would you consider separate chats that are
customizable? Like more advanced team chats, or an OOC chat that you
can switch between easily for roleplaying games to cut down on flood, etc?

It’s the most annoying thing in the world when people OOC constantly, and it’s also just that I never see people use /team in team-oriented games. You get the “Red Team” Team, so you can talk in their chat, maybe in “Orange Team,” too if you’re allying with them. I don’t know. Or you die in a murder game and you can only read the main chat, and are stuck in dead chat. Might be too complicated or redundant.

2 Likes

For what I know, there are channels and there is a muted attribute you can set on the player.

When I add this to my game, wherever I put it(SSS or workspace) it doesn’t work.
Seems pretty cool otherwise.

This is awesome, I will 100% use this in my game. Thanks for your incredible support to the community!

1 Like

I can probably do something like this if needed, I was actually thinking about that problem recently.

1 Like

Do you have any errors in the console/output?

Update [BETA] 1.0.4

• Resizable dragger option in config
  • New scaling system to make the UI scaling more seamless
  • Increased mobile UI sizing
  • Fixed “TypingIndicatorColor” configuration not working
  • Added 3 new bubble chat configurations (reinstall loader for fix)

I’m currently planning on extending the developer API soon, give me ideas in the discord, replies or PMs.

2 Likes

This is amazing, I will 100% use It In-game.

1 Like

It probably didn’t work because API or HTTP requests were off, but most likely because game<chat<default chat was on.

1 Like

Oh lol I’m dumb. Forgot to turn on http requests XD.

It’s possible that that isn’t it, if it isn’t it’s probable because the default chat is on.

1 Like