Better Chat V1 [Deprecated]

yes it works fine, could you also add an option to disable this if
Enum.CoreGuiType.Chat is set to false?

1 Like

Probably, implementing more SetCore / GetCore support.

I suggested this in your community server but I probably should have suggested it here instead.

• For V3, can you expose the position controls for the BillboardGUI element used to hold the chat bubbles? It would be nice to have access to raise them up a bit if needed. I’m noticing that, at least in my game, the bubble is just barely touching the player’s head.

• I know V2 is essentially depreciated but I still want to address the issue in case it crops up in V3, but it seems that chat bubbles do not use the AlwaysOnTop property when rendered on screen, as seen in the image below. (Note that this image was a screenshot a secondary users perspective, not my own client)

0bb53219d50260f36b56ac5a36cf5079

Can’t wait for V3 to drop. Super excited :+1:

1 Like

I can probably do that. I had stayed away from ‘AlwaysOnTop’ because it could interfere with other game elements and have messages render through walls.

But the concept of it being on only when in view is more intriguing to me. I do like that idea, can probably implement it! I can’t believe I didn’t think of that tbh.

2 Likes

Going to implement that this morning, will be adding one of the Roblox starter maps to the testing game to make it more fun & have the ability to test any bugs with the system I write.

I will also be crediting you in the main post for this contribution / idea if it works.

2 Likes

I would love to see a feature like Add Friend / Block / Unfriend in the right-click menu.
(using this New SetCore Methods for prompting social actions)

2 Likes

This could definitely be abused if implemented incorrectly. I feel like if this feature existed then almost certainly you’d need to allow a user to disable friend invites sent via better chat. Think of all the games with trading functionality that’s always constantly spammed by people :pensive:

2 Likes

He can just add a cooldown or how you said, add an option for that.

kinda funny i was trying it out in my game
RobloxStudioBeta_YtcLzrknEM
and I had a chat tag script for the default chat and this funny thing happens (it stacks the tags)
I might just have to wait for v3 to be implemented but if there is a fix for the current one available pls tell me how to do it
(there is a setting to change what tag you have equiped

2 Likes

when will this be released because V2 is broken badly

How do I disable the chat history for this without having to edit the default chat module set by Roblox and without enabling bubble chat @Jumpathy ?

I agree, people may want to disable chat history for their games!

@Manachron

Can you provide your tags code for me? It shouldn’t do that at all.

@Linux_Detected

That looks like a filtering error to me, but I’m not sure because I’m very busy with school and personal life currently.

@GreenTheDeveloper

Do you mean like not ever save message history or completely hiding the chat window?

1 Like

It’s definitely better chat as I have had this issue only with better chat.

@Jumpathy i mean completely hide the window like this:

Also that the bubble chat is still enabled but the chat history isn’t shown. You can still see players messages in game by bubble chat but not on the chat history. I hope I make sense.

Dooou Looks really cool Man! Thank you so much!

I understand that V3 is coming eventually but I had a question about V2.

Right now I’m trying to make an intro sequence before the user has control of their character. How would I go about temporarily hiding the Better Chat window?

Using game.StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Chat, false) hides the chat icon at the top left but does not actually hide out of the Better Chat window itself.

Am I missing something easy here?

There’s not a built-in way to do this yet, but you can directly disable the chat in ‘PlayerGui.Chat’ by setting it’s ‘.Enabled’ property to ‘false’.

1 Like

Do you think u can do this? Some people including me like to have no chat history! Basically like when you disable the default chat but have bubble chat on the default roblox chat system, it removes the chat history.