Better Chat V3 | Feature-rich custom chat with replies, rich text, message editing, and more!

Hello, I did everything but if I chat it doesnt appear etc.

This is good

1 Like

How did you get it working i get error

Players.Rapid_Gaming22.PlayerScripts.betterChatClient.modules.bubbleChat.billboard:105: attempt to index nil with number

This error is fixed but causing me to remove every gui in my game? Why does it do this @Jumpathy

Does your game have a Screen GUI in it?

I’m playing the testing place actually

There seems to be a bug with the .speakerAdded Event, I just copied the code from the documentation and getting this error

attempt to call missing method 'Connect' of table

here the code

return function(api)
	-- Let's start by getting the speaker module!

local speakerModule = api.speaker
	print(speakerModule) --> {...} <speakerModule>

speakerModule.speakerAdded:Connect(function(speaker)
		print(speaker) --> {...} <speaker>
		print(speaker.name) --> <speaker's name>
	end)
end

Hello! i like how this chat ui looks, but i have a slight problem : i cannot find the β€œLoadDeafultChat” value within the Chat service. when using : shows the deafult chat aswell as the custom one. edit : it fixed itself

1 Like

what do you mean by that?
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍^o^
anyways seems like a cool custom chat might try to use this but i will have to make it match the theme of my game’s ui
also would be cool if it had custom roblox emojis :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients:
This reply had a lot of edits! :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients:

I am having trouble with this, for some reason when I join on my ALT it is coming up as β€œFan” for which I made specifically for group members. None group members get β€œGuest”

Rank list;
[1] = β€œGuest”,
[1] = β€œFan”,
[1] = β€œVip”

Group;
Groups = {
[groupid] = {
[2] = β€œFan”,
[254] = β€œManager”,
[255] = β€œOwner”

so, my group permission for fan is β€œ2”
on the ranks, below all this the priority for guest is 1 and fan is 2.

yet my alt still joins as fan when its not in the group

please help

Is there a way to edit the Color of the Chat Box?

Sorry for the bump; but how’d you do the gradient thingy for the ranking text display?

This is honestly the best system I have seen on this forum, great work.