Better configuration for Roblox comment sections under assets

Currently On Roblox:

When you upload an asset, you have the option to turn comments on & off. But that’s just about it. For a very long time on the platform, comment sections have been spammed with useless, off-topic, and sometimes inappropriate comments.

The Problem:

Most of the time when developers want feedback, they usually post their creations here on the DevForum and they get legit real feedback. The DevForum has an active staff team, a very active community, and overall great moderation. This keeps the posts on-topic and regulated.

Now for those who don’t have access to the DevForum, they get stuck with the traditional comment section for feedback, bug reports, etc. The only problem with this is the ungodly amount of comments you get that are not in any way relevant to the asset (I’m referring to anything on-topic as being about the asset).

Example:

Say I’ve just uploaded a UGC hat to the catalog and I want some feedback on it; I don’t have access to the DevForum so maybe I’ll turn on the comments and see if people liked or not (I know not a realistic situation but whatever). A few days later, I return to my asset to see the comments, and this is what I see:

Yes, people on Roblox are now attempting to make robots feel bad by posting comments on random assets.

As you can see, not a single one of these posts is relevant to the current asset and I’d say around 99% of the comments that I didn’t screenshot are actually on-topic. My poor little heart when I saw these comments, not a single thing to do with my hat.

How could Roblox improve this so we can keep our comment sections clean?

A simple answer is to let us better configure comment sections and how they look. Also, moderate our comment sections. So let me tell you more:

Some good features to have would be:

• Configure minimum & maximum characters in a single post

• Set custom post cooldown (e.g, set the cooldown to a few minutes, hours, days, etc.)

• Configure who gets to write comments (e.g, accounts 13+, accounts older or as old as __ days, people who have this asset, etc.)

• Configure what comments can look like (e.g comments cannot contain, /e free, ____, ____)

Some features that Roblox should add that are not configurable are

• Another user has already written this response. Are you sure you want to post this?

• Oops! Your comment was moderated and cannot be sent! (Just like in chat on the website. Filters out tagged messages)

As for self-moderation, I’d like to see things such as

• Ability for the OP to hide comments

• Ability for the OP to condemn users from writing comments on their asset (e.g, users who write spam messages time and time again)

• Ability for the OP to hide all current comments (if someone’s asset gets spammed by bots or something)

Those are some pretty straight-forward moderation actions you should be able to take in your comment section.

Sure you can give feedback to developers via likes/dislikes but it’s hard for people to understand what’s wrong with their asset if people are just mass disliking it.

Now I know this is a small feature of Roblox but it would be nice to see it improved a little. Some people have no other choice when it comes to feedback and comments can be very helpful to those who can’t access the DevForum.

I’m just going to state in advance if I edit this I’m not going to keep writing edit tags so here is my one and only.

11 Likes

Amazing feature, I definitely agree that this should be implemented.

What I would like to add to this is that spam comments like /e free, copy + paste comments (comment this on 5 assets to get extra luck and stuff like that) and all other comments like this should be forbidden on Roblox.

Comments should be able to get reported for a brand new reason in the Report Abuse system: Spam, Off-Topic or Duplicate (or something like that)

4 Likes