Definitely bookmarking this for later. :heart:

1 Like

Where’s episode 5?

30characters

An episode about marketing your games and getting players would be cool

2 Likes

Yes! I love your podcasts so much!

2 Likes

Episode 5 is now out, and is a short special episode talking about the changes I plan to make with the podcast, and a few ways you (the audience and/or future guests) can get involved.

Here’s a quick summary of the changes:

• The podcast style will be similar to episode 4 - part interview, part conversation, no script.
  • The goal of the podcast is not to be just a learning resource, it will focus on more abstract concepts and will be based around sharing developer experiences rather than promising to teach you one specific thing.
  • The titles of future episodes will reflect this, by highlighting part of the conversation, e.g. “Working in the games industry with spotco” as opposed to “How to get a career in the games industry”. It’s not a huge change, but it’s an important distinction.
  • Broader intake of guests, from all corners of the developer community. You don’t need to be a top creator or a well-known name to be featured, just have something interesting to talk about. Whether you’re into building, scripting, modelling, clothing, graphic design, animation, project management, etc.
  • More opportunities for audience participation via voice notes/messages. You can now leave us an answer-machine message on the Anchor app.
    • If you don’t have the app, you can upload an audio clip manually here: BanTech Systems
  • I’ll be sticking to the schedule much more closely by recording the episodes at least a week in advance, and with a wider intake of guests and less scripted content, it’ll be quicker to produce. Expect a lot more content soon!

Listen to Episode 5 for a bit more detail and to hear me explain some of the reasons behind the changes.

As always I’ll continue to update this Devforum post with each episode, but you can follow me on Twitter, subscribe on Anchor or on YouTube to get notified of future episodes.

We’ll be back with the first episode of this new style on Friday 11th October in episode #06!

6 Likes

Was very fun to be on, glad I was a part of it :wink:

1 Like

thank you for having me! it was fun talking with you

1 Like

Yeah it was awesome! Thanks for coming on as a guest!

3 Likes

Episode 7 featuring @Wingboy0 is available now on all the usual podcast listening apps and platforms.

This is also the first episode featuring your voice messages from our answer machine!!! Check it out in the last segment of the episode.

If you’d like to leave us a voice message for a future episode, instructions here: BanTech Systems

If you’d like to feature on an episode as a guest, apply here:
https://bantech.systems/btb-guest/

p.s. YouTube version will be slightly later than usual - tomorrow at 12:00 BST!

6 Likes

I really enjoyed recording this with you. Thanks for having me on!

4 Likes

You’re welcome, it was great chatting to you!

Episode 8 featuring Jexpler is now available to listen to on Anchor and popular podcast platforms.

4 Likes

These are so good! I listen to them multiple times and download them to add to my permanent library with other favorite podcasts. The interviews are very interesting. Highly recommended.

3 Likes

Episode 9 is here! Featuring @TwentyTwoPilots

Hear us chat for 25 minutes about Ultimate Driving, engineering, and blue cars!

See the top post for information on how to apply to be a guest on a future episode.

6 Likes

I listened briefly to episode #1 and my god, it is fantastic. My advice is to listen when you have some spare time, kudos to you @BanTech.

1 Like

Definitely have a listen to some of the ones with guests too! I think the latest one with TTP is a really easy listen and just under 25 mins :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Just calmly waiting for a new episode…
When’s the next one coming out?

2 Likes

Unfortunately I got super ill before Christmas during the best two weeks in my schedule to record. Realistically now I think the next episode will be during the second half of January.

I have a few guests lined up so it’s just a case of schedules and enjoying Christmas/New Year with the family :relaxed:

6 Likes

These are really informative and I love to listen to them in my free time. Thanks for putting content like this out!

2 Likes

Hi there! Listened to the episodes this morning, and I loved it! Keep up the good work!

When will the next episode come out?

2 Likes