BillboardGui AlwaysOnTop

How would I only have a “AlwaysOnTop” BillboardGui only show through specific parts.

I am using a BillboardGui for an effect that requires AlwaysOnTop, but id like to have it only show through specific parts.

If there is no solution my bad.

It’s not clear what you mean by “only show through specific parts,” but you may be able to achieve your desired effect using the BillboardGui object’s Size and StudsOffset properties.

The Size property determines the dimensions of the BillboardGui , and the StudsOffset property determines the distance between the BillboardGui and the object to which it is attached. By adjusting these properties, you can control the visibility of the BillboardGui and make it appear as if it is only showing through specific parts of your model.

Here is an example of how you might use these properties to achieve your desired effect:

local billboard = Instance.new("BillboardGui")
billboard.Size = Vector2.new(10, 10)
billboard.StudsOffset = Vector3.new(0, 5, 0)
billboard.AlwaysOnTop = true
billboard.Parent = part

In this example, the BillboardGui is attached to the part object, and its dimensions are set to 10x10 studs. The StudsOffset property is used to position the BillboardGui 5 studs above the part object, which may help to make it appear as if it is only showing through specific parts of the model.

Keep in mind that the visibility of the BillboardGui will also be affected by the camera’s angle and position, so you may need to experiment with different values for the Size and StudsOffset properties to achieve the exact effect you’re looking for.

1 Like