Blender rig exporter/animation importer

Solved the issue, it does work in 2.80. I had accidentally deleted the empty that came with the import.

1 Like

Experiencing an issue. Wondering is anyone else is facing this?

Within Blender my animation looks clean and has minimal clipping into the group, the foot planting is solid.
https://i.gyazo.com/1e6e55ba543f149f117abd2d6dba2102.mp4

Then when imported into studio there is massive clipping through the ground and it does not plant the feel very solidly.
https://i.gyazo.com/1fdbc3e19cb49b811a19a05fe1b6fcf3.mp4

Is the root part of the rig at the same spot as when you exported it?

i just tried this DOES NOT work with the new bone instance for exporting from Roblox to Blender or importing animation from Blender
RIP

I’m guessing your referring too the latest version of blender?

1 Like

Since skinned meshes are in beta now and soon being released, will there be an update to this plugin that supports the new bone features?

Roblox included a way to import rigs from blender that have pre-constructed bone data and re-constructs it for you when loading that rig into studio.

Essentially what I would like to do is be able to make my model, rig, and animate it all in blender before I even begin the exporting process, so if I can just directly export my animations after I finished importing my rig into studio, that would make this process a whole lot more one directional and completely eliminates the back and forth workflow that we currently deal with.

1 Like

I keep getting an error about the collection object having no attribute ‘active’. I tried googling it but there were no results. I’m trying to map keyframes by bone name. What do I do?

You’ll have to first import a rig (it moved to the Blender import menu since 2.80), after that it’ll show up.

This may be due to Roblox’s animation scaling, try diabling AutomaticScalingEnabled in the humanoid.

Roblox nowadays has .fbx animation importing built into the animation editor. You probably want to just use that instead.

This plugin and addon are primarily still useful if you have a Roblox rig which you want to animate externally.

This may be due to an incompatible Blender version (only 2.79 and 2.80 have been tested by me, 2.82 should work, 2.83 is unknown).

1 Like

I would use the FBX importer, but bone location doesn’t import (at least, on the studio beta build), which breaks certain rigs.

Sounds like an issue that should be fixed on the fbx importer.

While it’s possible to extend this to also support Blender-created rigs, the built-in fbx animation importer seems like a robust technique to use going forward for rigs that aren’t created within Roblox.

2 Likes

Question:
https://gyazo.com/0dc46c658ce40a2865a76c195015c8b5
I’ve generated IK contraints on my wolf model, but is there any way to make these constraints compatible with rotating a joint?
I can’t rotate the joints.
If someone could help me, thank you!!

Off topic but will this work with mesh deform? I would much rather use blender to animate than Studio.

It’s a honor to he the 600th like. Anyway, this plugin and addon is really really useful and I advice everyone to use it. As I have learnt 3D Modeling this year, I will have another use of Blender! Great stuff.

This is an awesome plugin, but I have a problem. My imported animations don’t play correctly in the game. My hand and the item in it just don’t move. I used this video to figure out how to make hands to first-person games. In Blender (2.8) it’s fine.

1 Like

@Wr0ngSaint it’s probably animated incorrectly. You may have made a animating mistake while developing the entire animation that you were wanting to make. Im not sure if it’s technically a animation error but I think that is the case.

Hello. I would really love to get that walk animation by default into our game!

Why can’t I upload animation to roblox more than once each time I open a file? I have to close and open the file simultaneously just to upload 2 animation.

1 Like

I’ve managed to fix my previous issue, but now when I try hitting the “rebuild rig” UI, all the sudden this pops up. How can this be fixed?

Hello, Thanks for this great tutorial and plugin! The original plugin works for me in blender 2.8 but your mixamo adapted one (which I would prefer) will install but not show up when importing a rig. Also when installing the addon it says 2.8x update required (I have the very latest 2.8 update) any ideas?

1 Like

Hello. Thanks for this tutotial looks great! I am quite new to rigging and animation in roblox but trying to learn. When I export a rig from studio using your plugin, and then importing it into blender 2.8 like described above, I ONLY get the rig, I see no model, nor bones as I can see in your pictures. I confirm that after exporting the rig from roblox, there is np model (I tried importing it using the ‘regular’ obj import funktion. what am I doing wrong?

2 Likes