Blender rig exporter/animation importer

Does any text paste at all? Also verify that no error appears in the output window.

1 Like

Yes, you can import them from the MMD program. A tutorial of that can be found around YouTube, I think. After that, you have to paste in the animations into the existing character.

Extras? Ignore or do some kind of interpolation to the nearest existing part.

Never tried it… yet.

2 Likes

Anyone know any programs that I can use my 360 Kinect for motion track within blender?

I don’t care about price.

2 Likes

No errors. I’ve literally just discovered it was just a stupid mistake on my part. I had all the parts anchored.

5 Likes

Here’s a video I found on Youtube regarding the matter. Although, the mocap is done using an Xbox One Kinect sensor. I don’t that if that’s problematic for you, but it’s what I found.

2 Likes

Animating in Blender is so awesome because I can see multiple characters animate at the same time. It’s so interactive.

6 Likes

Tip: You gotta be aware on the movements and especially where they are standing. You don’t want your character to be out of place and float in thin air.

Edit: The stabber seems to like float a little forward. If you can change, you can make one leg stay at one position while the other one moves forward.

1 Like

So I am trying to import an mixamo animation to ROBLOX. The problem is when I use the animation to walk around, I automatically rotate why does this happen and is there a way to fix it?

1 Like

This happens likely because the way blender handles axes is different to how Roblox handles axes.

Just rotate the character by 180 degrees when exporting.

2 Likes

You can’t do this because the RIG won’t move in edit…

2 Likes

Hello, I’ve been having an issue with the importing of animations from blender to roblox, the animations are fine in blender, but when I import them to roblox via the plugin, some of the joints/limbs are offset, and its consistently the same offset (about 0.1 stud back) and the same limbs on every animation i import.

This issue affects all of the frames of the animations, the only error I’m getting is the face error, but It still happens when i do it with a rig that has no face decal.
Specifically the joints that are affected are:
-Head offset back
-Upper arm joints offset back
-UpperTorso joint offset back
-LowerTorso rotated forward
-Feet in very random rotations
Everything else seems to be fine. I use rigs spawned from the vanilla animation plugin, are they bad to use with the plugin specifically? or is it something else?

7 Likes

You probably want to rotate the rig 180 degrees before exporting it from Studio, see also earlier posts in this thread.

2 Likes

I’ve updated the Roblox plugin to set AuthoredHipHeight properly now so animation scaling works fine. Hopefully that’ll fix this issue.

As the HRP recently got moved upwards, the default hipheight (1.35) doesn’t match the newly generated rig its hipheight anymore (1.974), resulting in a bunch of scaling issues… The default AuthoredHipHeight now is 2 as well, which doesn’t match either (and would cause even more scaling issues if you happened to still use an old rig)…
Anyway, should work fine now if you update the plugin.

3 Likes

So I’ve updated the plugin, tried importing an animation from blender but the issue still persists. I also tried spawning a new rig from the roblox’s animation plugin, exporting it via the exporter plugin and importing it to roblox, the issue is still there.

1 Like

I cannot reproduce this issue, if you have certain transformations where this occurs those’d be helpful to know.
Also worth trying to just import -> export animation without any keyframes. If that also looks off, you’re probably using a very old Blender addon version.

2 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH
I was using the BLENDER 2.79 addon instead of BLENDER 2.8

GOD I FEEL SO DUMB

1 Like

Are there any tutorials on how to animate custom rigs, such as a player with a gun?

1 Like

Hello,

I really enjoy using your plugin however it seems like it doesn’t work properly when rebuilding r6 rig in blender.

R15 works correctly however R6 not. Anyone here has same issue?

3 Likes

You can select another rigging type when rebuilding the rig (“Rebuild rig” button) if the default type doesn’t play well with the rig you’re using.
It generally doesn’t really matter what you select, but some are easier to animate with when using certain rigs.

2 Likes

I’ve tried all of rigging types, 3 of them work the same, however one is different but error still occurs. I’m not sure if it’s blender addon issue or rig exporter, now I’ll try making my own r6 rig hope this will work. I also tried using blender 2.8 with 2.8 addon but after importing model I couldn’t rig it all.

2 Likes