Blender - What type of lightning should i use?

I’ve been struggling with lightning in blender for quite some time now. I wanted to ask you all what type of lightning do you all prefer, any tips and opinions ? What types of lightning are the best for you ? My goal is to keep it somewhat realistic, while keeping things kind of “plastic” and colorful.

Thank you, Cloudly

2 Likes

I use Reflection planes the sun a point light and a reflection plane. honestly combining is the best way to get something you like.

example:

3 Likes

thats almost the same exact technique i use to be honest, i love combining everything together since it looks the best in the end, but it really depends on what type of rendering engine i use.

Thank you, Cloudly

2 Likes

use hdris and emission planes it will give a good look

2 Likes

You can use “HDRI’s” if you want to be on the realistic lighting side. (HDRIs • Poly Haven)
If you want to be more colorful, Look up a video on “Emission” in Cycles render. Lighting depends on the setting of the GFX. Make sure you remember that. I hope this works for you! :heart:

3 Likes

Now honestly, I don’t recommend Blender Lighting, I use the Rim Lighting Effect in Photoshop. However if you wanna use it, I recommend using Emissions planes in cycles.

1 Like