BlockLua | The blazingly fast visual scripting plugin for Roblox. Code with blocks, like in Scratch!

Will there be support for requiring modules with this?

3 Likes

I really hope Iā€™ll figure out a way to do that!

5 Likes

Marketplace blocks and lua block!

Hello!
I added the first two planned features to BlockLua.
The lua block:

And the new Marketplace category:

Hereā€™s a simple example script for products:

And these are the blocks to for assets and gamepasses:

These blocks should be enough for most people I think.
If you have any ideas or you just like the plugin, tell it here in the replies!
Also, I added some cool UI ā€œrippleā€ effects.

INSTALL HERE

Have a great day!

11 Likes

Nice!
So will this get the same stuff as Event Blocks but better?
And will it get more?
Like more blocks
Or something

3 Likes

Yes, right now Iā€™m focusing on adding every feature that EB has (this will include custom blocks).

And then, Iā€™ll add new blocks and stuff.

2 Likes

Ok, good to hear :slight_smile:
I have kinda shifted from the programming scene and have started making music in Fl studio

3 Likes

Tween blocks!

Hi!

Today I added tweening support to BlockLua. The new category has two new blocks:

Hereā€™s an example of using a tween block:

Tweens are really useful for little animations, like pressing a button or opening a door.
Keep in mind you need to know what types of easing styles/directions exist to change those values.

You can find types of Easing Styles here: EasingStyle | Roblox Creator Documentation
And Easing Directions here: EasingDirection | Roblox Creator Documentation

You have to enter their names with proper capitalization to work!

INSTALL BLOCKLUA HERE

6 Likes

This looks so cool and I see that a lot of work been put into this, I canā€™t even imagine the complexity of the plugin script, I do have a question though.
Why would you want to use it? (no offense meant)
I donā€™t see why you would use this instead of a normal script since Lua is such a simple programming language almost none of the blocksā€™ names would need to be changed from how they are in normal scripts.

2 Likes

Well lots of people seem to struggle with syntax. From my experience with EventBlocks, Luau is a challenge for many.

So this plugin makes it easier by using blocks instead of real code. Also some blocks already do more than just one line of code.
A simple example that comes to my mind is the touched by character block which is using the .Touched event but has an additional if statement to check if a character touched the part.

5 Likes

Yes, I agree with this statement :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m loving how this is Turing out!
It feels a lot better than Event Blocks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

is this plugin better then eventblocks?

1 Like

Yes, this plugin is an improvement on EB
With better graphics and improved code
He will add more to this than EB

3 Likes

really? Is it such a huge improvement? since I might purchase it

3 Likes

Ok, so if you have Event blocks already, as of right now donā€™t buy it unless you want the better ui now
If you donā€™t have Event blocks and cant decide get Block Lua cause after a while, it will improve a lot and get extra features that Eventblocks didnā€™t.
So if you have it, wait a bit before getting
and if you dont have EB then get Block Lua

Hope this helped

3 Likes

Due to the fact that I already own eventblocks, Iā€™m debating whether to purchase it if it is superior. If so Iā€™ll wait until a new up[date comes out and then Iā€™ll buy it

3 Likes

@Xsticcy I love this plugin but this icon does look better.

2 Likes

I was just looking at this plugin thinking ā€˜wow this is pretty coolā€™ only to realise that im a month late and I am poor.

Once I get the robux, I might get this. Looks pretty nice and might actually be easier than needing to deal with the pain that is the Roblox script editor.

4 Likes

Does blocklua have a node editor?
considering that it is superior to silly scratch blocks.

2 Likes

this is a really great plugin! now it feels like using scratch . can you make a feature where you can transforms a codes to a blocks? it would be great too!

2 Likes