Bloxbiz | An in-game ad platform to help with monetization

Here’s a screenshot of an ad for the upcoming release of DreamWork’s Spirit Untamed that is running in Gacha Online and other games.

5 Likes

Heya, question about revenue splitting.

As I’m sure you know, many top games split revenue between developers. Do your systems support a payment model like this?

7 Likes

Nice! Only if I had more that 200 visits ;/

For anyone curious, we released a case study and video from our recent campaign for DreamWorks’ Spirit Untamed:

2 Likes

We do not support this today. You’ll have to pick one person on your team to receive payouts and then split the payouts within your team.

We’ve heard this request a few times now and it’s on our roadmap, but it’s very complicated to build. Going to take us a while until we support this.

1 Like

Just wondering how this will affect bloxbiz? If at all

2 Likes

Considering that they use completely separate companies from Roblox, this may not be possible anymore.

In this case, I’m not sure if this is exactly true. Since the developer does not directly chose what ads are shown and another player (who does not own the experience) has control over what players in your experience can see, they prohibited it. It is understandable, anything in a game that is added that the developer does not have control of (such as ads that are not directly added by them), it could potentially harm players playing the game and/or ruin the user experience.

2 Likes

Why was this deleted?

Anyway, as for @iamtryingtofindaname, This service promised that no offensive ads would be displayed. In the event that one was, it would be logical for the service to be banned. But this service has been getting developers tons of profit that Roblox wouldn’t give them independently. Some people need to make a living from developing.

It’s just like any service really. Does an offensive ad get played? if one did, it’s logical to complain and ban the service. But a service that has been helping developers, has promised to stay safe AND has yet to post anything offensive being banned WITHOUT CONTACTING BLOXBIZ TO WARN THEM is unfair.

1 Like

I’m only really seeing this after the update posted about changes to the Community Rules and I have a few questions that I’d like to pose:

1. Is the source code of this auditable and readable in any way? Is the API outside of Roblox that’s interfaced with using HttpService open source? I speak not only for myself, but many others, when I say that I am not comfortable with the idea of putting code in my game that is potentially proprietary and completely un-auditable, no matter what it is.

2. How much data specifically is collected? Is it just impressions or is it something beyond that?

3. How does the process of checking for fraud work?

4. What is the revenue split between the advertiser (BloxBiz) and the game developer? This seems like a weird detail to leave out in the original thread.

1 Like

Considering you reward developers with $1 per 1000 impressions, the minimum impressions needed to provide a stable living for a developer would be 50,000,000 impressions ($50,000). Since each impression means 10 seconds, a given developer would need 500,000,000 seconds, or ~15.85 years of players constantly viewing ads.

1 Like

With millions of players, that’s nothing. With just a million, that’s 500 seconds per user.

That’s my point. Smaller developer with “50+ concurrent users” don’t get that kind of player count.

So no income is better than small income?

If the income can’t support you, what good is the income?

1 Like

The income is on top of devex, how are you legitimately about to say income is bad?

1 Like
  1. I never said it was bad, I said if it can’t support you & your basic needs then it is of no use.
  2. What if the game does not make much from sales?

A 50 user concurrent game isn’t gonna get much devex money either. Passive income regardless of how small adds up…

In month A, you earn $20000, and in month B, you earn $30000, it’s wasn’t enough for month A’s rent and basic needs like groceries/etc. It may add up, but if it can’t support you when you need it to, how is it helping?

It gives extra money on the side, they never said you should rely on it or expect an income. A little “free” money is better than none