Bloxbiz | An in-game ad platform to help with monetization

Read this:

That’s a pointless argument, the same could be said about selling gamepasses and premium payouts, both of which scale directly with the amount of concurrent players in your game.
If your game only has a very small playerbase it is unreasonable to expect that it should be able to fully pay your bills.
For what it’s worth assuming the 1$/1000 impressions figure is correct if you get 1 impression per visit (10 seconds of ad view time) would net you an equivalent of ~0.29 robux/visit after taxes/devexing or would be the equivalent of the average user spending ~0.41 robux/visit which I would consider to be quite reasonable considering the average monetization rate isn’t THAT much higher iirc.

5 Likes

Money is money. If your point is to not use it because it does not provide enough, then don’t use it. Others who agree with my opening sentence will.

Please give us an explanation, it just sounds like you’re mad at the service for no good reason.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Doesn’t this new rule make your service against TOS? If so it’d be pretty sad since I was looking forward into using this in the future, your service is great.

Quite an emotional statement without an objective perspective on the manner. If you truly feel this way, feel free to step to the next platform, you are free to do so at any time.

Reading your reply, it feels as if you’re using this as an outlet to complain about unrelated issues at Roblox taken out of proportion.

If you’re truly a developer against Roblox, then don’t use Roblox.

6 Likes

This is good, but why is 100k required?
There should al least be a Lite version or something for smaller devs, such as myself.

Because if you cannot get 100K visits, good luck getting 1000 players to view a billboard for 10 seconds.

1 Like

No, it’s pretty obvious when someone says they’re getting 100,000 impressions and they have 10 people in their game.

Big games would benefit more from this

But apparently they are, so /shrug

This is meant to help with monetization, not replace it!

1 Like

In that case, you should just make an estimation for how much money a game will make based on its player count because you can lie with statistics.

Thanks for replying. I don’t feel like it’s unrelated, as the recent thing they did directly affected Bloxbiz. As for moving platforms, truly I would, the only issue is how many years I spent learning LUA, and how much of a pain it would be to transfer. Even despite that I still am considering it.

Lua engines:

• Love2D
  • Corona
  • Cocos
  • Amazon Lumberyard
  • Legacy Cryengine
  • Defold
  • Shiva
  • PolyCode
4 Likes

They have a watermark unless you pay (I believe) $100 per year.

1 Like

Do not use Bloxbiz. It’s 100% against the ToS/Community rules. Just because many big games and companies use it does not mean it’s allowed. luckydroz lied about it being built to follow the Community Rules.

It’s OUTRIGHT breaking rule 4 “Advertising”: “You may not relinquish control of the ad serving logic in your experience, including by using third party ad servers.” - This is the most black and white rule about this all. If you use Bloxbiz, you are breaking this rule (it is a third party ad service which you are giving control to display whatever they please)

Assuming that rule wasn’t there it’s still in an extremely questionable grey area which nobody should be going near.

" * Developers who place advertisements in their experiences remain responsible for all advertising content; ads must follow the Community Rules, the Terms of Use and all other Roblox rules." - It’s unlikely an advertising company will send you inappropriate content, however whats stopping someone with a few extra dollars from creating advertisements which are very questionable and will likely put your Roblox account/game at risk?

“Ads may not contain content intended for users under the age of 13.” means there may be ads which are not inappropriate persay, but may contain content like guns or gambling related imagery, which as above can and will put your account and game at risk.

Due to it advertising non-Roblox companies/brands/products/etc it is likely going against section 12 which talks about “Offsite website links, services, and additional 3rd party content are not permitted on Roblox”.

Because it’s using tipalti and paying only through irl currency, it’s not breaking the “you cannot (and you cannot allow others) sell, trade or give away Robux, digital goods or game codes except through official channels on Roblox platform” part, however it does seem rather grey area for payment (does it count as a pre made product, or a service/commission?)

In the recent community rules update announcement (link below) they note that:

Aside from being a reiteration of the many points I’ve made here, it also brings up that it can be used to track users in your game, and depending on how it’s created also has the potential to track much much more, which nobody within their right mind would want.

If anyone wants to refer to the rules page about this: https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203313410-Roblox-Community-Rules

An also relevant announcement post: Roblox Community Rules Update

A final footer note/mini rant on Roblox showing obvious bias to rule breakers

There are many occasions of Roblox showing bias to when and when not to take action on rule breakers, as well as many pieces of hard evidence ranging back over a year proving that the report buttons do absolutely nothing, and popular games having a blind eye turned to them using Bloxbiz is a prime example, because those popular games make Roblox a lot of money, and they can’t afford to take them down, risking not only losing money but gaining many angry complaints from the players because of it. In turn, they ignore the blatant usage of Bloxbiz to save face and income.
Other occasions of blind eyes being turned include many popular clothing/game/youtuber related groups having discord invite codes in games/descriptions/about sections, instead of keeping them solely in the social links section. Popular money printers all skirting the rules, staying up solely for the profit.

5 Likes

Bloxbix was created before the rules changed. So the claim is outdated. They didn’t lie.

7 Likes

Wow, you are so biased.

This is a new rule just to delete Bloxbiz as Roblox is poor and wants our money

New rule.

It is not a gray area. Its just a service.

This rule was modified just to delete Bloxbiz.

Roblox wants money. Deal with it. Roblox is a money-hungry company. If they are lazy porting to linux, why make something good?

1 Like

Not many users use linux tbh, so it isn’t a valid argument. Besides, if roblox was ‘money-hungry’ they could’ve saved money by not allowing you to devex. Not pleasant is it?

Advanced users that know how to use a computer will use Linux. Who would not want a easier to use OS, a faster one, and a better-looking one.

Then no one would work for them and they would lose money.