Bloxbiz | An in-game ad platform to help with monetization

This is meant to help with monetization, not replace it!

1 Like

In that case, you should just make an estimation for how much money a game will make based on its player count because you can lie with statistics.

Thanks for replying. I don’t feel like it’s unrelated, as the recent thing they did directly affected Bloxbiz. As for moving platforms, truly I would, the only issue is how many years I spent learning LUA, and how much of a pain it would be to transfer. Even despite that I still am considering it.

Lua engines:

• Love2D
  • Corona
  • Cocos
  • Amazon Lumberyard
  • Legacy Cryengine
  • Defold
  • Shiva
  • PolyCode
4 Likes

They have a watermark unless you pay (I believe) $100 per year.

1 Like

Do not use Bloxbiz. It’s 100% against the ToS/Community rules. Just because many big games and companies use it does not mean it’s allowed. luckydroz lied about it being built to follow the Community Rules.

It’s OUTRIGHT breaking rule 4 “Advertising”: “You may not relinquish control of the ad serving logic in your experience, including by using third party ad servers.” - This is the most black and white rule about this all. If you use Bloxbiz, you are breaking this rule (it is a third party ad service which you are giving control to display whatever they please)

Assuming that rule wasn’t there it’s still in an extremely questionable grey area which nobody should be going near.

" * Developers who place advertisements in their experiences remain responsible for all advertising content; ads must follow the Community Rules, the Terms of Use and all other Roblox rules." - It’s unlikely an advertising company will send you inappropriate content, however whats stopping someone with a few extra dollars from creating advertisements which are very questionable and will likely put your Roblox account/game at risk?

“Ads may not contain content intended for users under the age of 13.” means there may be ads which are not inappropriate persay, but may contain content like guns or gambling related imagery, which as above can and will put your account and game at risk.

Due to it advertising non-Roblox companies/brands/products/etc it is likely going against section 12 which talks about “Offsite website links, services, and additional 3rd party content are not permitted on Roblox”.

Because it’s using tipalti and paying only through irl currency, it’s not breaking the “you cannot (and you cannot allow others) sell, trade or give away Robux, digital goods or game codes except through official channels on Roblox platform” part, however it does seem rather grey area for payment (does it count as a pre made product, or a service/commission?)

In the recent community rules update announcement (link below) they note that:

Aside from being a reiteration of the many points I’ve made here, it also brings up that it can be used to track users in your game, and depending on how it’s created also has the potential to track much much more, which nobody within their right mind would want.

If anyone wants to refer to the rules page about this: https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203313410-Roblox-Community-Rules

An also relevant announcement post: Roblox Community Rules Update

A final footer note/mini rant on Roblox showing obvious bias to rule breakers

There are many occasions of Roblox showing bias to when and when not to take action on rule breakers, as well as many pieces of hard evidence ranging back over a year proving that the report buttons do absolutely nothing, and popular games having a blind eye turned to them using Bloxbiz is a prime example, because those popular games make Roblox a lot of money, and they can’t afford to take them down, risking not only losing money but gaining many angry complaints from the players because of it. In turn, they ignore the blatant usage of Bloxbiz to save face and income.
Other occasions of blind eyes being turned include many popular clothing/game/youtuber related groups having discord invite codes in games/descriptions/about sections, instead of keeping them solely in the social links section. Popular money printers all skirting the rules, staying up solely for the profit.

5 Likes

Bloxbix was created before the rules changed. So the claim is outdated. They didn’t lie.

7 Likes

Wow, you are so biased.

This is a new rule just to delete Bloxbiz as Roblox is poor and wants our money

New rule.

It is not a gray area. Its just a service.

This rule was modified just to delete Bloxbiz.

Roblox wants money. Deal with it. Roblox is a money-hungry company. If they are lazy porting to linux, why make something good?

1 Like

Not many users use linux tbh, so it isn’t a valid argument. Besides, if roblox was ‘money-hungry’ they could’ve saved money by not allowing you to devex. Not pleasant is it?

Advanced users that know how to use a computer will use Linux. Who would not want a easier to use OS, a faster one, and a better-looking one.

Then no one would work for them and they would lose money.

No one in their right mind would use linux if they knew before purchasing, that roblox isnt supported.

Read the full sentence

Linux is free, but Windows 10 is still the best OS.

2 Likes

Linux is free? Also roblox works on WINE and grapejuice (Or something like that) its just so bad to open 2 programs just because roblox is lazy.

Still, no one would work for a company that doesn’t give money for your work.

Windows is recommended for kids 4-12, as they don’t have the mental capacity to use a advanced OS. If you are 4-12 or don’t know anything about computers, go use the slow and costly windows 10. Who pays 50 dollars minimum for a slow, filled with useless stuff and ugly OS if Linux is speedy and looking good?

Also this is off-topic

There’s kinda a reason roblox doesn’t support Linux. Also Linux isn’t an advanced OS but it does look good lol.

But since this is a little off topic I’ll stop talking about OS.

1 Like

Please stop projecting your issues onto me. I have zero games I care about that much and genuinely couldn’t care less about this as a whole, I’m simply pointing out that the rules are being broken here, and to encourage others to not break any rules (many users often complain about “false” bans which are provably correct)

Roblox already said that they made the rules just to shut down Bloxbiz. Everyone knows about the new rules. It’s impractical to make a post about not using it because it violates the rules as Roblox made a post saying that they will shut down this.

What will be happening to Bloxbiz seeing as it is now against TOS

1 Like

Probably will shut down, or will change the code so developers can decide what ads to show themselves

yes, if you use an unauthorized free license, without paying for an official license

why pay a old man 100 dollars for something free on linux