Body Velocity does not work with max force

so it is a part of the obby: a part that when you step on it, i can’t explain what happens but like a trampoline, it is because there is a huge wall that is even bigger than the player’s character of course a wall is bigger than a character…

my script anyways:

script.Parent.Touched:Connect(function(hit)
	local V = Instance.new("BodyVelocity")
	V.Velocity = Vector3.new(0,50,0)
	V.MaxForce = Vector3.new(0,50,0) -- when i remove this, My character actually flies, but when i keep this it is not flying at all?

V.Parent = hit.Parent:FindFirstChild("HumanoidRootPart")

end)

the comment inside the script.

Set MaxForce to Vector3.new(math.huge,math.huge,math.huge) always. It is only what you write on velocity that deals with physics, MaxForce is just a limiter so always set them to math.huge :+1:

no i don’t want the fly to be unlimited :man_facepalming:t4:

MaxForce is not about that, It’s just so you can lift it without any restrictions. But if you want the player to stop around a certain height you should try :AddItem and calculate how long you want the MaxForce to take the player up in the air before cutting it.

I did not understand that article and i also don’t know what that has to do with this.
I did not unerstand AddItem ?! what is it?
clean up?

I dont understand at all

@cihilli

I recommend you use Linear Velocity instead of Body Velocity because it’s newer.

What if you use the Making a Conveyor tutorial and change the AssemblyLinearVelocity in the Y axis to math.huge?
You probably don’t need a script or any BodyMovers at all.

game:GetService("Debris"):AddItem(object, durationBeforeDeletion)

This line of code will delete an object based on a given duration. Durations are measured in seconds so an example would be:

game:GetService("Debris"):AddItem(object, 1)

After 1 second has elapsed, the object will be destroyed. And thats how AddItem works.

I thought you meant use ADDitem to calculate that’s why i did not understand…
First i used wait, :Destroy

but let me use it

how about using a gui that counts time maybe?
or just the in the output.

i dont know but i am going to count the time in any way

i tried making the part near the wall a little bit. resizeing the wall higher the velocity.
and also make sure no one can escape by jumping high without adding a roof. or should i ?. at first i tried calculating the time but then i entered some radnom radnoms until i got the result i want.

@HenryThe_Legendary and @cihilli, why are you trying to use bodymovers and timers anyway?
As I stated above you can just change the Anchored Part’s AssemblyLinearVelocity in the Part’s positive vertical direction to a value and the player will be bounced up in the air.
Try 50 to start and if the player gets pushed into the Part then try -50. It all depends on the way you have your Part’s Orientation in the Workspace.

the topic is already solved and i am right now making the next level: Lava floor.

but good.
this is better.

thanks

Please mark which post is the solution so other people searching when they have this kind of problem get the solution from your topic.
Also so other people trying to help don’t keep trying to solve it too.

extremely late but just try increasing the max force, 50 might be too low
Edit: just realised how late I am sorry